The global gastric cancer drugs market size reached US$ 4.11 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8.93 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 12.9% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of chronic and acute indications, growing incidences of weight-related health concerns, and increasing health consciousness represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Gastric cancer drugs are medications developed to relieve or treat an individual diagnosed with stomach cancer in which malignant cells form in the lining of the stomach. Some common symptoms of gastric cancer are unexplained weight loss, indigestion, bloating, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, and difficulty swallowing food. Doxorubicin hydrochloride, sunitinib, mitomycin, fluorouracil, imatinib, and docetaxel are commonly available gastric cancer drugs. They help to shrink a tumor and relieve signs and symptoms of cancer by killing some of the cancer cells. They also assist in reducing cancer cells from growing, dividing, and making more cells. As a result, gastric cancer drugs are administered through oral and parenteral forms and are used by hospitals, clinics, and special treatment centers.
The increasing geriatric population and the rising prevalence of obesity across the globe are primarily driving the market growth. In line with this, the growing incidences of weight-related health concerns due to unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyles are favoring the market growth. Moreover, the increasing cases of cancer, due to the rising consumption of tobacco-based products and alcoholic beverages, and the enhanced need need for preventive and therapeutic medications are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of two gastric cancer biomarkers that help in eliminating tumor growth is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on creating product variants with minimal side effects, such as gastric erosion and nausea, thus propelling the market toward growth. Along with this, rapid technological advancements focusing on the development of effective and specific cancer treatments are creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, leading pharmaceutical companies and key players are investing heavily in research and development (R&D) activities to develop gastric cancer drugs that are safer, more effective, economically viable, and easier to administer. Besides this, the implementation of various government initiatives to promote the manufacturing, processing, and packing of a drug product ensuring the quality of drugs produced by manufacturers is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including rising healthcare expenditure and growing consumer awareness regarding the symptoms and the available treatment options for gastric cancer, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global gastric cancer drugs market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, route of administration and end user.
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gastric cancer drugs market based on the type. This includes doxorubicin hydrochloride, sunitinib, docetaxel, mitomycin, fluorouracil, imatinib, and trastuzumab. According to the report, trastuzumab represented the largest segment.
Route of Administration Insights
A detailed breakup and analysis of the gastric cancer drugs market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes oral and parenteral. According to the report, parenteral accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gastric cancer drugs market based on the end user. This includes hospitals, clinics, and others. According to the report, hospitals represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for gastric cancer drugs. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific gastric cancer drugs market included its high healthcare expenditure, technological advancements, and rising geriatric population.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global gastric cancer drugs market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Abbott Laboratories, Arog Pharamaceuticals Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Sanofi S.A., Taiho Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.), etc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Route of Administration, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Arog Pharamaceuticals Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Sanofi S.A., Taiho Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global gastric cancer drugs market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global gastric cancer drugs market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive gastric cancer drugs market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global gastric cancer drugs market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global gastric cancer drugs market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the gastric cancer drugs market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global gastric cancer drugs market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the gastric cancer drugs industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.