According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Flooring Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the GCC flooring market reached a value of US$ 10.5 Billion in 2017. Flooring refers to a product used for offering a smooth, impervious, clean and durable floor surface. It generally consists of two main components, namely, floor base and floor covering. The floor base provides support to the floor covering which includes a layer of materials like marble, tiles and mosaic. The GCC countries are currently experiencing increased participation of the private sector with an enhanced focus on sustainable economic growth and expansion of non-oil industries. These developments have encouraged the renovation of existing infrastructure as well as the construction of new buildings across the region, in turn, leading to higher demand for various flooring products.
The flooring market in the GCC is projected to witness an exponential growth owing to the increasing number of construction and refurbishment projects in the region. In addition to this, the market is being driven by development across sectors such as office, retail, residential and hospitality. Moreover, the upcoming global events like the Dubai Expo 2020 and FIFA World Cup 2022 are providing a boost to the overall demand for good quality flooring. The other factors that are contributing to the growth of the market include the development of the tourism sector and Economic Cities along with the construction of high-rise buildings. Looking forward, the GCC flooring market is expected to reach a value of US$ 16.1 Billion, at a projected CAGR of more than 7% during 2018-2023.
- Based on segments, the flooring market has been divided into hard flooring and soft flooring. Hard flooring currently represents the largest segment and includes products such as ceramic tiles, mosaic tiles, vitrified tiles, marble and granite.
- On the basis of product types, tile is the most popular type of flooring product among the consumers in the GCC region. Tile flooring is followed by stone flooring, wood and laminate flooring, and carpet flooring.
- The flooring market in the GCC has been categorized according to various end-users into the commercial and residential sectors. Currently, the commercial sector represents the major end-user.
- On a regional-basis, the UAE represents the leading market, holding the majority of the total share. This can be attributed to an increase in the number of construction projects across the region. Some of the other major markets include Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being RAK Ceramics, Carpetland, Kahrs, Swiss Hardwoods, Gerbur, Krono Swiss and Terazzo.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331