The GCC mental health market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% during 2023-2028. The increasing awareness regarding mental health issues, favorable government policies and programs to improve mental health services, the rising prevalence of mental disorders, insurance and healthcare reforms, and professional development and training represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Mental health refers to a person's emotional, psychological, and social well-being, affecting how individuals think, feel, and act. It's integral to every part of daily life, from making choices and handling stress to relating to others and maintaining physical health. The characteristics of good mental health include the ability to manage stress effectively, maintain fulfilling relationships, make sound decisions, and adapt to changes or cope with adversity. The features that distinguish mental health encompass a wide spectrum, ranging from a state of emotional equilibrium and satisfaction with life to more complex aspects such as self-awareness, resilience, and empathy. However, mental health is not static and can be influenced by various factors including genetics, environment, lifestyle choices, and traumatic experiences. Conditions like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder may indicate challenges in mental health, but they do not necessarily define it. Promoting positive mental health involves recognizing its multifaceted nature and nurturing not only the absence of mental illness but also the presence of positive attributes such as confidence, creativity, and a sense of purpose. Mental health is not merely the lack of mental disorders; it is a complex and nuanced state, vital to overall well-being, and characterized by an individual's ability to enjoy life, manage challenges, and foster social connections.
GCC Mental Health Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of mental health disorders and the urgency for tailored mental health services are vital factors propelling the growth of the mental health care market in the GCC region. Moreover, the increasing utilization of mental health care solutions across various healthcare settings, such as hospitals, therapy centers, and community support, is underlining its significance, thereby accelerating the market expansion. Besides this, partnerships between mental health institutions and therapy experts are improving therapeutic options, thus reinforcing the market growth. Alongside this, the development of mental health care standards and protocols in accordance with patient well-being and effective treatment is enhancing the market landscape. Additionally, the emergence of localized mental health care facilities staffed with specialized mental health professionals is addressing the unique mental wellness needs of the region, thus invigorating the market growth. Concurrently, efforts to strengthen mental healthcare infrastructure and therapeutic methodologies related to mental disorder prevention and management are creating a positive market outlook. The increasing knowledge about mental health best practices, in line with the strategic integration of innovative therapies and treatment modalities, is further propelling the market growth. The emphasis on patient-centered care and upholding a superior quality of treatment is also nurturing the progression of the market. Other factors such as the incorporation of cutting-edge mental health technology, substantial investment in research and innovation, and a steadfast dedication to mental healthcare excellence, are powering the advancement of the mental health care market across the GCC region.
GCC Mental Health Industry Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the trends in each segment of the GCC mental health market report, along with forecasts at the country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on disorder, service, and age group.
Breakup by Disorder:
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depression and Anxiety
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance Abuse Disorder
- Eating Disorder
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the disorder has also been provided in the report. This includes schizophrenia, alcohol use disorder, bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse disorder, eating disorder, and others.
Breakup by Service:
- Emergency Mental Health Services
- Outpatient Counselling
- Home-based Treatment Services
- Inpatient Hospital Treatment Services
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes emergency mental health services, outpatient counselling, home-based treatment services, inpatient hospital treatment services, and others.
Breakup by Age Group:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes pediatric, adult, and geriatric.
Breakup by Country:
- Saudi Arabia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, and Oman.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
GCC Mental Health Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Age Group
||Schizophrenia, Alcohol Use Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Depression and Anxiety, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Substance Abuse Disorder, Eating Disorder, Others
||Emergency Mental Health Services, Outpatient Counselling, Home-based Treatment Services, Inpatient Hospital Treatment Services, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric
||Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC mental health market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC mental health market?
- What is the breakup of the GCC mental health market on the basis of disorder?
- What is the breakup of the GCC mental health market on the basis of service?
- What is the breakup of the GCC mental health market on the basis of age group?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC mental health market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC mental health market?
- What is the structure of the GCC mental health market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC mental health market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the GCC mental health market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the GCC mental health market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the GCC mental health industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.