The GCC rechargeable battery market is currently witnessing robust growth. Rechargeable batteries, also known as accumulators, secondary cells and storage batteries, are electrochemical devices that convert chemical energy into electrical energy. They comprise a cathode, anode and an electrolyte and are widely available in different shapes and sizes, ranging from button-sized cells to industrial megawatt systems. Some of the most commonly used rechargeable batteries are lead-acid and nickel-metal hydride batteries.
The continuous efforts of governing agencies to establish automobile companies and launch electric vehicles (EVs) are strengthening the growth of the GCC rechargeable battery market. Apart from this, the high demand for electronic devices, such as smartphones, laptops, digital cameras and tablets, has escalated the sales of rechargeable batteries in the region. Furthermore, several benefits offered by these batteries, such as their high energy density and lower self-discharge rate, are driving their sales in the region. However, the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and consequent lockdownshave negatively influenced the market growth. The market will experience an increase in the overall production and sales when lockdown restrictions are uplifted. Looking forward, the market is expected to continue its strong growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the GCC rechargeable battery market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, battery type, capacity and application.
Market Breakup by Battery Type:
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Li-ion Batteries
- NiMH Batteries
- NiCd Batteries
Market Breakup by Capacity:
- 150 - 1000 mAh
- 1300 - 2700 mAh
- 3000 - 4000 mAh
- 4000 - 6000 mAh
- 6000 - 10000 mAh
- More than 10000 mAh
Market Breakup by Application:
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Applications
- Automobile Applications
Breakup by Country:
- Saudi Arabia
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC rechargeable battery market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC rechargeable battery market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the battery type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the capacity?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the GCC rechargeable battery market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?