The GCC weight loss market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 10.1 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during 2024-2032.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 4.9 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 10.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Currently, overweight and obesity is one of the major health concerns being faced by the GCC region. The region has been experiencing rising levels of economic growth and sedentary lifestyles. Moreover, increasing levels of urbanization and westernization has led to the proliferation of a number of fast food chains, online food delivery options, convenience outlets, etc. making packaged foods, snacks and high sugar products readily available. This has resulted in obesity and overweight rates soaring in the region and leading to a population burdened with diabetes, cardiovascular and other lifestyle ailments.
Apart from the unhealthy diets, limited physical activity represents another major reason for the rising levels of obesity in the region. As a result of high average temperatures for most of the year, people living in the GCC region avoid outdoor physical activities such as sports, cycling, walking and running, etc. At the same time, long and hectic work routines push people to skip healthy meals and go for fast food and packaged meal options increasing their chances of becoming overweight.
While rising levels of obesity and overweight might sound alarm bells for the government and general population, it provides lucrative opportunities for companies providing weight loss solutions. Over the past few years, there has also been a surge in the number gyms and weight loss centers in the region. The market for meals and weight loss supplements is also witnessing a healthy growth. The number of weight loss surgeries in the region have also been experiencing double digit growth rates.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the GCC weight loss market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on diet, equipment type, service, gender and age group.
Breakup by Diet:
Based on the diet, the market has been segmented as supplements, meals, and beverages. Currently, supplements dominate the market, holding the largest share.
Breakup by Equipment Type:
- Fitness Equipment
- Cardio Vascular Equipment
- Strength Training Equipment
- Surgical Equipment
- Minimally Invasive/ Bariatric Equipment
- Non-Invasive Equipment
Based on the equipment type, fitness equipment represented the most popular equipment.
Breakup by Service:
- Fitness Centers and Health Clubs
- Consulting Service
- Surgical Clinics
- Online Weight Loss Programs
Based on services, fitness centers and health clubs represented the most popular weight loss service.
Breakup by Gender:
Based on gender, men dominated the overall market.
Breakup by Age Group:
- Consumer Between 31 to 60 years of Age
- Consumer Between 15 to 30 Years
- Consumers with Age More Than 60 Years
- Consumers Below 15 Years
Based on the age group, consumers between 31 to 60 years of age dominated the overall market.
- Saudi Arabia
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman. Amongst these, Saudi Arabia is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the share.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry.
This report provides a deep insight into the GCC weight loss market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the GCC weight loss market in any manner.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Diet, Equipment Type, Service, Gender, Age Group, Country
|Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 3699
Five User License: US$ 4699
Corporate License: US$ 5699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How has the GCC weight loss market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the GCC weight loss market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the GCC weight loss market?
- Which are the popular diet types in the GCC weight loss market?
- Which are the popular equipment in the GCC weight loss market?
- Which are the major services in the GCC weight loss market?
- What is the breakup of GCC weight loss market on gender basis?
- What is the breakup of GCC weight loss market on age group basis?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC weight loss market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC weight loss market?
- What is the structure of the GCC weight loss market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC weight loss market?