The global gene synthesis market size reached US$ 1.74 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.82 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 17.10% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of various genetic disorders, increasing preference for gene therapeutics and personalized medicine, and inflating disposable income levels represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Gene synthesis is an important tool for genetic engineering, which is the process by which nucleotides are assembled in a specific order in a laboratory setting in order to create desired sequences of DNA. This technology allows researchers to create DNA sequences tailored to their specific research needs, and the DNA can be scaled up for larger quantities of use in experiments or production processes. In the case of large and complex DNA sequences, gene synthesis can take only a few days or weeks with error rates approaching 1 per 10,000 bases. It is possible to introduce specific mutations into existing genes as well as create DNA fragments that can then be cloned and expressed, creating synthetic genes that encode proteins with specific characteristics, such as enhanced stability or activity.
Gene Synthesis Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the accelerating need for synthetic genes due to the growing applications of gene synthesis in various biotechnology fields. This can be attributed to the continual technological advancements in the development of synthetic biology and genome editing techniques. In line with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the life sciences industry focusing on novel drug discovery and synthetic biology are providing an impetus to the market. Numerous innovations in DNA synthesis techniques by the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and computer-aided design (CAD) tools facilitating faster turnaround times, higher accuracy and synthesis of longer DNA sequences are also fueling the market. The market is further fueled by the rapid utilization of synthetic genes in the formulation of customized treatments for individual patients based on their genetic makeup. Apart from this, the growing accessibility and cost-effectiveness of gene synthesis, along with the growing awareness regarding numerous gene synthesis methods is creating a positive market outlook. Furthermore, growing government investments supporting genetically modified crop production, gene editing technologies, and gene therapeutics is also creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization and industrialization, the rising medical expenditure, growing prevalence of genetic disorders, inflating disposable income levels, and numerous strategic partnerships and collaborations among the key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global gene synthesis market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on method, services, application and end use.
- Solid-Phase Synthesis
- Chip-Based Synthesis
- PCR-Based Enzyme Synthesis
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene synthesis market based on the method. This includes solid-phase synthesis, chip-based synthesis, and PCR-based enzyme synthesis. According to the report, solid-phase synthesis represented the largest segment.
- Antibody DNA Synthesis
- Viral DNA Synthesis
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene synthesis market based on the services. This includes antibody DNA synthesis, viral DNA synthesis, and others. According to the report, antibody DNA synthesis represented the largest segment.
- Gene and Cell Therapy Development
- Vaccine Development
- Disease Diagnosis
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene synthesis market based on the application. This includes gene and cell therapy development, vaccine development, disease diagnosis and others. According to the report, gene and cell therapy development represented the largest segment.
End Use Insights:
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic and Government Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
A detailed breakup and analysis of the gene synthesis market based on the end use has also been provided in the report. This includes biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, academic and government research institutes, and contract research organizations. According to the report, academic and government research institutes accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for gene synthesis. Some of the factors driving the North America gene synthesis market included numerous technological advancements, inflating disposable income levels, considerable growth in the biotechnology industry, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global gene synthesis market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ATUM, Boster Biological Technology, Eurofins Genomics, Genewiz Inc. (Azenta Life Sciences), Genscript Biotech Corp., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, OriGene Technologies Inc., ProMab Biotechnologies Inc., ProteoGenix Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Twist Bioscience, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Solid-Phase Synthesis, Chip-Based Synthesis, PCR-Based Enzyme Synthesis
||Antibody DNA Synthesis, Viral DNA Synthesis, Others
||Gene and Cell Therapy Development, Vaccine Development, Disease Diagnosis, Others
|End Uses Covered
||Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies, Academic and Government Research Institutes, Contract Research Organizations
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ATUM, Boster Biological Technology, Eurofins Genomics, Genewiz Inc. (Azenta Life Sciences), Genscript Biotech Corp., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, OriGene Technologies Inc., ProMab Biotechnologies Inc., ProteoGenix Inc, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Twist Bioscience, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global gene synthesis market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global gene synthesis market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global gene synthesis market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive gene synthesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the method?
- Which is the most attractive method in the gene synthesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the services?
- Which are the most attractive services in the gene synthesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the gene synthesis market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- Which is the most attractive end use in the gene synthesis market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global gene synthesis market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global gene synthesis market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the gene synthesis market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global gene synthesis market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the gene synthesis industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.