According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “5G Equipment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global 5G equipment market size reached US$ 12.9 Billion in 2022. 5G equipment refers to the hardware and infrastructure components required to support the implementation and operation of 5G networks. The equipment includes a range of devices and systems, such as base stations, antennas, routers, servers, and software-defined networks. It aims to provide faster data speeds, lower latency, and increased capacity compared to its predecessors. The equipment also incorporates fiber-optic cables to enable high-speed data transmission over long distances. This infrastructure upgrade helps overcome the limitations of previous wireless technologies and facilitates the delivery of ultra-fast connectivity and innovative services, including autonomous vehicles, smart cities, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It plays an important role in building and expanding 5G networks, enabling transformative experiences for individuals, industries, and society.
Global 5G Equipment Market Trends:
The increasing demand for high-speed and reliable wireless communication networks is driving the global market. Moreover, the proliferation of bandwidth-intensive applications such as video streaming, virtual reality, augmented reality, and gaming is catalyzing the growth of the market. Besides, the rising adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) devices and smart technologies further supports the need for 5G equipment as the IoT ecosystem relies on efficient connectivity and massive device connectivity, which 5G networks can provide. Apart from this, the widespread adoption of the 5G equipment by various industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, and agriculture are creating a positive market outlook. Furthermore, governments and telecommunications companies worldwide are heavily investing in the deployment of 5G networks that aim to drive economic growth, enable digital transformation, and support emerging technologies such as autonomous vehicles and smart cities. This is also providing a boost to the market. Along with this, several major companies are constantly developing new solutions, such as advanced antennas, beamforming techniques, and network optimization algorithms, to enhance the performance and efficiency of 5G networks, thereby impacting the market favorably. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 88.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 36.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into network function virtualization (NFV), software defined networking (SDN), and multi-access edge computing (MEC). Currently, network function virtualization (NFV) represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the equipment, the market has been divided into macrocell, smart cell, and others. Among these, macrocell exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the architecture, the market has been bifurcated into 5G standalone (NR + core) and 5G NR non-standalone (LTE combined). Among these, 5G Standalone (NR + Core) exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the frequency, the market has been categorized into sub 6GHz and above 6GHz. Among these, sub 6 GHz exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, commercial, and industrial. Currently, consumer electronics represents the largest market segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been bifurcated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Airspan Networks, Cisco Systems Inc, CommScope, Fujitsu Limited, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., NEC Corporation (AT&T Inc.), Nokia Corporation, Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and ZTE Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC)
||Macrocell, Small Cell, Others
||5G Standalone (NR + Core), 5G NR Non-Standalone (LTE Combined)
||Sub 6 GHz, Above 6 GHz
||Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Commercial, Industrial
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airspan Networks, Cisco Systems Inc, CommScope, Fujitsu Limited, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., NEC Corporation (AT&T Inc.), Nokia Corporation, Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, ZTE Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800