IMARC Group's latest report, titled " Acidity Regulators Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global acidity regulators market size reached US$ 6.4 Billion in 2022. Acidity regulators are food additives that aid in maintaining the appropriate pH level and prolonging the shelf life of food products while also providing a sour taste. They act as preservatives, buffering, and neutralizing agents and can be organic or mineral acids depending on their use. For instance, citric acid enhances gel consistency in marmalades and prevents enzymatic browning in fruits. On the other hand, calcium acetate prevents microbial growth in cake mixtures, pet food, puddings, and pie fillings. Whereas, fumaric acid is an acidity regulator and flavoring agent in foods like bread, poultry, wine, jams, jellies, and pie fillings. Currently, acidity regulators are widely used in beverages, sauces, dressings, condiments, processed foods, bakery items, and confectionery products across the globe.
Global Acidity Regulators Market Trends:
The rising consumption of fast food and beverages due to changing lifestyles and increasing acceptance of packed food represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, there has been a rise in the need to maintain the pH level within a specific range during the processing of food products to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and ensure safety. In line with this, the rising use of acidity regulators to control and alter the acidity and alkalinity of food products is positively influencing market growth. Additionally, the surging adoption of acidity regulators in low-acid foods, such as cauliflower, cucumbers, artichokes, peppers and fish, is propelling market growth. Furthermore, the escalating demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) meals owing to rapid urbanization, changes in dietary habits, and busy work schedules are contributing to market growth. Along with this, the rising focus on reducing food waste has augmented the demand for acidity regulators as they help to extend the shelf life of processed food, confectionery products, and beverages. Other factors, including rapid expansion in the food and beverage(F&B) industry, inflating consumer disposable incomes, and escalating demand for sauces and condiments, are also anticipated to drive the market further. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 8.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into citric acid, phosphoric acid, acetic acid, maleic acid, lactic acid, and others.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into beverages, sauces, condiments, and dressings, processed food, bakery, confectionery, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bartek Ingredients Inc., Cargill Incorporated, Celrich Products Pvt. Ltd., Chemelco International B.V., Corbion N.V., F.B.C Industries Inc., Foodchem International Corporation, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Tate & Lyle Plc, and Univar Solutions Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Source, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Archer Daniels Midland Company, Bartek Ingredients Inc., Cargill Incorporated, Celrich Products Pvt. Ltd., Chemelco International B.V., Corbion N.V., F.B.C Industries Inc., Foodchem International Corporation, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Tate & Lyle Plc and Univar Solutions Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800