According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ADME Toxicology Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global ADME toxicology testing market grew at a CAGR of around 13% during 2015-2020. Absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) toxicology testing is performed by researchers in the early phase of the drug development. It assists in discovering and identifying the presence of active metabolites in the plasma and determining the safety, uptake, effectiveness, and metabolic behavior of a drug in living organisms. It also evaluates the safety and toxicity of a drug, thereby saving cost, drug discovery time, and test complications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global ADME Toxicology Testing Market Trends:
ADME toxicology testing is widely used to prevent the failure of candidate drugs at late-stage clinical trials and determine the viability of drugs for regulatory approval. This, in confluence with the increasing rate of drug failure and escalating demand for novel drugs, represents one of the significant factors fueling the growth of the market. Moreover, numerous technological advancements to improve the standard of medicines are creating a favorable market outlook. Besides this, the market is also driven by the increasing adoption of innovative software solutions that can calculate ADME automatically. Furthermore, the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has escalated the need for estimating the efficacy of existing drugs as an alternative treatment. This can be accredited to the lack of a vaccine worldwide. Looking forward, the market value is projected to experience strong growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into cell culture, high throughput screening, molecular imaging, OMICS technology, and others. At present, cell culture dominates the market.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into instruments, software solutions, assay systems, reagents, and others.
- Based on the method, the market has been divided into in-vivo, in-vitro, in-silica, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into system toxicity, renal toxicity, hepatotoxicity, neurotoxicity, and others. Presently, systematic toxicity accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies, Inc., Danaher Corporation, BioIVT LLC, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Inc., Evotec SE, Molecular Discovery, Ltd., PerkinElmer, Inc., Promega Corporation, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal