IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Aerial Imaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global aerial imaging market size reached US$ 2.3 Billion in 2022. Aerial imaging involves capturing photographs of the ground surface from airborne craft, such as drones, helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft, rockets, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), balloons, and parachutes. It utilizes light detection and ranging (LiDAR) systems, 360-degree vision cameras, and geographic systems for taking images. It offers spatial information about land cover, vegetation areas, soil maps, and geological areas for analysis and strategic planning purposes for urban settlements and route design. It aids in risk mitigation, mapping, research and excavation, security and surveillance, resource planning, urban planning, engineering, farming management, and tourism. As a result, aerial imaging finds extensive applications in environmental monitoring, geospatial mapping, infrastructure planning, disaster management, and ground surveillance.
Global Aerial Imaging Market Trends:
The increasing aerial imaging applications in the construction industry represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, aerial imaging solutions are widely used for collecting topographical information and conducting site inspections to enable contractors and land developers to manage the construction process effectively. Moreover, the rising usage of location-based services is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, there has been widespread adoption of drones and UAVs across the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors to analyze and obtain images for research and land mapping remotely. In line with this, the growing utilization of aerial imaging in disaster risk reduction and prevention, coupled with the surging instances of natural calamities, such as earthquakes, floods, cyclones, and tornadoes, has augmented product demand. Furthermore, technological advancements in motion and temperature sensors in cameras, 3D mapping software, and image processing have propelled the market growth. Besides this, the launch of low-cost digital cameras, ready-to-fly (RTF) devices, and soft-copy photogrammetry software that offer high-resolution images and accurate data collection has accelerated the product adoption rate. Other factors, including the expanding tourism sector, emerging defense applications, improvements in wireless technologies, and product innovations, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.2 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
14.9% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the aircraft type, the market has been classified into fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, UAVs/drones, and others.
- On the basis of the camera orientation, the market has been bifurcated into vertical and oblique (high and low oblique).
- The market has been segregated based on the application into geospatial mapping, infrastructure planning, asset inventory management, environmental monitoring, national and urban mapping, surveillance and monitoring, disaster management, and others.
- Based on the end use sector, the market has been divided into government, energy, defense, agriculture and forestry, construction and archaeology, media and entertainment, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Blom Norway (Terratec AS), Cooper Aerial Surveys Co., Digital Aerial Solutions LLC, Eagle Aerial Solutions, Eagle View Technologies Inc., Fugro N.V., GeoVantage Inc. (John Deere), Global UAV Technologies Ltd., Kucera International Inc., and Landiscor Real Estate Mapping.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800