IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Agricultural Biologicals Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global agricultural biologicals market reached a value of US$ 12.4 Billion in 2022. Agricultural biologicals, also known as biologics, are biochemicals that are used to protect plants and crops against pests, weeds and diseases. They are obtained from natural materials such as microorganisms, insects, plants and animal extracts. Agricultural biologicals form an integral part of modern agricultural practices, wherein they are used to enhance crop yield by improving nutrient uptake. In recent years, farmers are preferring biologics as they assist in residue and resistance management, restoring the microbial and mineral balance, and increasing carbon levels of the soil.
Global Agricultural Biologicals Market Trends:
The global agricultural biologicals market is primarily driven by the growing need for agro-based products. The rising awareness regarding the harmful effects of chemical-based fertilizers has also escalated the need for organic food products. This has led to the increased demand for an economically sustainable agricultural production process that promotes safer products for crop treatment. Besides this, governments and non-profit organizations (NGOs) are promoting the use of agricultural biologicals as they are safer for the environment and are produced using non-renewable natural resources. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities undertaken to introduce high-performance agricultural products and eco-friendly pesticides and fertilizers are further providing a positive outlook for the market. On account of these factors, the market is expected to reach US$ 28.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 15% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into biopesticides, biofertilizers, and biostimulants.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been classified into microbials, macrobials, biochemicals and others.
- The market has been divided based on the mode of application into foliar spray, soil treatment, seed treatment and post-harvest. At present, foliar spray holds the largest market share.
- On the basis of the application, fruits and vegetables exhibit a clear dominance in the market. Other major application segments are oilseed and pulses, cereals and grains, turf and ornamentals, and fruits and vegetables.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the leading position in the market. Other regions include Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agri Life, Agrinos Inc., Arysta LifeScience Corporation (UPL Limited), BASF SE, Bayer AG, Isagro S.p.A. (PI Industries), Marrone Bio Innovations Inc., Novozymes A/S, Syngenta AG, The Dow Chemical Company, Valagro SpA and Valent U.S.A. LLC (Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Source, Mode of Application, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agri Life, Agrinos Inc., Arysta LifeScience Corporation (UPL Limited), BASF SE, Bayer AG, Isagro (PI Industries), Marrone Bio Innovations Inc., Novozymes A/S, Syngenta AG, The Dow Chemical Company, Valagro and Valent U.S.A. LLC (Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800