According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Conditioning System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global air conditioning system market size reached US$ 111.1 Billion in 2022. Air conditioning (AC) systems refer to equipment that maintains the temperature, relative humidity, and air quality in indoor spaces. It includes the window, split, portable, packaged, chillers, variable refrigerant flow (VRF), and ducted air conditioning systems. These systems generally consist of a compressor, condenser coil, thermostat, evaporator, air handler, and blowing unit. AC system creates a comfortable environment, reduces high humidity, prevents the risk of dehydration and heat stroke, and enhances air quality by eliminating odor, fumes, and dust mites. They also help to uplift mood, lower stress, reduce asthma attacks, and prevent insect infestations and mold growth. As a result, AC systems are widely installed in homes, hotels, restaurants, processing facilities, laboratories, malls, and supermarkets.
Global Air Conditioning System Market Trends:
The rapid infrastructural development activity is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Air conditioning system is widely used in homes, offices, shopping centers, educational facilities, stadiums, hospitals, multiplexes, hotels, and auditoriums to create a comfortable indoor climate for humans, purify the air, control humidity, enhance productivity, improve health, and prevent allergies. In addition to this, rising investment in the construction of new residential and commercial buildings is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in various industries, such as manufacturing, pharmaceutical, and food processing, to enhance the comfort of workers, improve the efficiency of processes, ensure the optimum working of machinery, maintain the freshness of food products, reduce damage to materials, and prevent spoilage and bacterial growth is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of solar-powered air conditioning system that offer eco-friendly cooling, reduces energy costs, eliminates noise pollution, and minimizes the buildings' carbon footprint, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of smart air conditioning systems that are highly efficient, save electricity, enhance convenience, reduce maintenance, and provide usage details is propelling the market growth. Moreover, increasing product utilization in automobiles to control the humidity and temperature inside vehicles and enhance passenger comfort during long journeys is favoring the market. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, integration of artificial intelligence (AI), and increasing product utilization in data centers to prevent overheating of computer equipment, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 160.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.24% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into unitary, rooftop, PTAC, and others. Among these, unitary air conditioning (UAC) systems are most popular.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into specialty stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, and others. At present, specialty stores hold the majority market share.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been bifurcated into inverter and non-inverter. Among these, inverter technology is the most preferred by consumers.
- Based of the end use, the market has been divided into residential, commercial, and industrial. At present, the commercial sector holds the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa. Among these, Asia Pacific dominates the market.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Carrier Global Corporation, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., Electrolux North America, Inc., Haier Group Corporation, Hitachi-Johnson Controls Air Conditioning Inc., Lennox International Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Midea Group Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Distribution Channel, Technology, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
|| Carrier Global Corporation, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd., Electrolux North America, Inc., Haier Group Corporation, Hitachi-Johnson Controls Air Conditioning Inc., Lennox International Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Midea Group Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800