According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Air Purifier Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global air purifier market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. An air purifier is a home appliance that improves the indoor air quality of an enclosed space by removing the contaminants present in the atmosphere. It essentially sanitizes the air to remove toxins, allergens and pollutants from the surroundings with the help of a filter or multiple filters made up of mesh, paper or fiber. It is also used to minimize the traces of dust, smoke, gases, harmful chemicals, particulate matter (2.5-10 µm), and total volatile organic compounds (TVOCs) present in the air. As a result, it is widely installed across retail stores, households, public spaces, government offices and industrial infrastructures for trapping and neutralizing pollutant particles in an effective manner.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Purifier Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by deteriorating air quality across the globe. This can be accredited to rapid industrialization and an increase in vehicular emissions. The rising health consciousness among the masses regarding the adverse effects of chronic respiratory conditions, along with their inflating disposable incomes and changing lifestyle preferences, has spurred the demand for air purifiers on the global level. Moreover, the launch of air purifiers with advanced filtration technologies, including the advent of high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) technology with a trapping capacity of at least 99.97%, is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Several players are also introducing air purifiers equipped with ozone generators, UV light technology, and electrostatic precipitators, which is expected to widespread prominence among end users. The market is further driven by the growing popularity of smart air purifiers among individuals. These variants are an upgraded version of traditional air purifiers that can be easily connected with wireless networks, including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, to facilitate smooth operation via smartphone applications. Furthermore, governments of several countries are undertaking favorable initiatives to spread awareness regarding the benefits of using air purifiers, thereby providing an impetus to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the filter technology, the market has been divided into activated carbon, electrostatic precipitators, high efficiency particulate air (HEPA), ion and ozone generators, and other.
- Based on the size, the market has been classified into small, large and HVAC units.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into the commercial, industrial and residential segments.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Atlanta Healthcare, Camfil AB, Daikin Industries, Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., IQAir, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Sharp Corporation, and Whirlpool Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal