According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Air Quality Monitoring Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global air quality monitoring market size reached US$ 4.3 Billion in 2019. Air quality monitoring devices are sensor-based instruments that are utilized to measure wind speed, direction and the concentration of air pollutants in outdoor as well as indoor environments. Carbon monoxide (CO), sulfur dioxide (SO?), nitrous oxide (N?O), total hydrocarbons (THC), particulate matter and volatile organic compounds are some of the most common pollutants found in the air that have contributed to a significant increase in the air pollution levels which are adversely affecting the health of the masses. As a result, these devices are used to track pollutant levels by monitoring the air quality of a specific area. They are also employed to determine the quality of air for identifying polluted zones that are further used to evaluate the control measures required to be taken to improve public health.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Quality Monitoring Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing levels of pollutants present in the environment on account of rapid industrialization. This has consequently increased the prevalence of various diseases, such as asthma, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD), which, in turn, has propelled the uptake of air quality monitoring devices. Moreover, several manufacturers are continually investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce advanced variants in the market. For instance, Honeywell International Inc., a US-based company, has launched a new range of devices that efficiently measure different types of pollutants, allergens and parameters. Governments of various countries are also taking initiatives to improve the overall air quality by the development of the latest technologies and the implementation of stringent environmental regulations. They are launching several schemes to tackle the increase in the levels of air pollution by setting targets that are aimed to reduce PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations in the near future. The availability of low-cost and hand-held air quality monitors are some of the other factors that are expected to further create a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into indoor, outdoor and wearable monitors.
- Based on the pollutant, the market has been classified into chemical, physical and biological pollutants.
- On the basis of the sampling method, the market has been segmented into active/continuous, passive, intermittent and stack monitoring.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into government agencies and academic institutes, commercial and residential users, petrochemical industry, power generation plants, pharmaceutical industry, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Teledyne Technologies, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric Company, 3M, HORIBA, Ltd., Merck KGaA, Aeroqual Limited, TSI Incorporated, Testo India Pvt. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., TE Connectivity Corporation, Tisch Environmental, Inc. and Investis Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800