According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Air Quality Monitoring: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global air quality monitoring market size reached US$ 4.3 Billion in 2021. Air quality monitoring refers to continuous measurements of specific air pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, and volatile organic compounds, using a sensor-based instrument. These devices are utilized to track pollutant levels by monitoring and determining air quality to identify polluted zones. The collected data is then used by local and national authorities, private and public companies, and national organizations to conduct air pollution assessments, introduce preventive measures, and implement environmental pollution policies.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Air Quality Monitoring Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating levels of air pollutants present in the environment. Several industrial facilities emit pollutants during their daily operations, which causes a severe impact on the environment and leads to various pulmonary diseases, including asthma, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPD). As a result, various organizations are using air quality monitors to examine dispersion, dry deposition, and chemical transformation in the air quality standards. In addition, the increasing awareness regarding the adverse effects of air pollution among individuals represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, the governing authorities of numerous countries are undertaking initiatives to improve the overall air quality by implementing stringent environmental regulations and investing in the development of efficient air quality monitors. Moreover, key players are introducing low-cost and hand-held air quality monitors that offer near-accurate results. They are also investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch variants that accurately measure different types of pollutants, allergens, and parameters, which is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 6.5 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.8 % during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into indoor, outdoor and wearable monitors.
- Based on the pollutant, the market has been classified into chemical, physical and biological pollutants.
- On the basis of the sampling method, the market has been segmented into active/continuous, passive, intermittent and stack monitoring.
- Based on the end user, the market is categorized into government agencies and academic institutes, commercial and residential users, petrochemical industry, power generation plants, pharmaceutical industry, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied, with some of the key players being Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Teledyne Technologies, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric Company, 3M Company, HORIBA, Ltd., Merck KGaA, Aeroqual Limited, TSI Incorporated, Testo India Pvt. Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., TE Connectivity Corporation, Tisch Environmental, Inc., and Spectris plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal