According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Airborne ISR Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025”, the global airborne ISR market size reached US$ 24.4 Billion in 2019. Airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems are used to navigate, track and identify targets. They also assist in performing various security operations to enhance situational awareness for military personnel protection. Nowadays, the leading players in the industry are designing advanced airborne ISR platforms to facilitate multi-intelligence solutions by integrating them with the next generation of aerial sensors to give a comprehensive overview of the battlespace.
Global Airborne ISR Market Trends:
Airborne ISR systems are mainly being utilized by defense authorities to acquire data from potential threats to improve national security. Also, with the advancements in technology and the rising number of terror attacks, economic prosperity, and political and religious conflicts, various countries are focusing on enhancing their warfare capabilities. Owing to this, the demand for continuous surveillance and advanced data links have grown exponentially over the past few years. Besides this, governments across the globe are also implementing several initiatives to improve airborne ISR deployment. Moreover, the ongoing research and development (R&D) activities in advanced electro-optical and infrared sensors used in ISR and tactical missions have impelled the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 32.4 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2020-2025.
- Based on the platform, land represents the most popular platform for airborne ISR. It is followed by the air, sea and space platforms.
- On the basis of the system, airborne early warning and control (AEWC) dominates the market. Other major segments are maritime patrol, electronic warfare, airborne ground surveillance (AGS) and signals intelligence (SIGINT).
- The market has been categorized based on the type into surveillance, reconnaissance and intelligence. At present, airborne ISR is most widely used for surveillance purposes across the globe.
- On the basis of the fuel type, the report finds that battery operated systems hold the leading position in the market. Other major segments include hydrogen fuel-cells, solar-powered, alternate fuel, battery operated and gas-electric hybrids.
- The market has been bifurcated based on the application into manned and unmanned ISR. Amongst these, manned ISR is the largest application segment across the globe.
- Region-wise, North America exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being BAE Systems plc, L3Harris Technologies, Inc., Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc., Thales-Raytheon Systems Company LLC, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, CACI International Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, UTC Aerospace Systems (United Technologies Corporation), FLIR Systems, Inc., Airbus SE and General Atomics.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331