According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Aircraft De-Icing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global aircraft de-icing market grew at a CAGR of around 6% during 2014-2019. Aircraft de-icing is the process of removing ice, snow and frost from the surface of an aircraft. Since frozen contaminants interfere with the aircraft’s aerodynamic properties and dislodged ice may even damage the engines, de-icing measures are widely taken across the military and commercial aviation sector when met with freezing conditions and heavy precipitation on the ground. Various de-icing agents are used for this that are prepared using ethylene glycol and propylene glycol-based fluids to protect the metal surface. Numerous additives, such as dyes, water, corrosion inhibitors, wetting agents and thickeners, are also added to the fluids. These components are crucial for reducing the freezing point of water and decontaminating the aircraft body prior to take-off.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aircraft De-Icing Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the considerable growth in the aviation sector across the globe. This is further supported by the rising air passenger traffic and the subsequent construction of new aircraft. Significant expansion of airports and modernization of the infrastructure across developed and developing economies can also be attributed to the industry growth. The market players are, therefore, increasingly focusing on improving and securing take-off and landing operations in an attempt to provide enhanced convenience to the passengers. As a result, aircraft de-icing solutions are widely being utilized to enhance the overall operation of the vehicle. The market is further driven by the implementation of stringent government regulations regarding the operation of air vehicles in winters and frost conditions. The airline operators are expected to comply with these regulations that emphasize on the restrictions imposed on take-offs with ice or snow accumulated on critical surfaces of an aircraft to minimize the risks of accidents. Several governments are also offering training programs to the operators that educate them about the effective operation of air vehicles during adverse weather conditions. This is expected to create a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, various advanced technologies, including weeping wing, ultrasound and alloys de-icing technologies, are now increasingly being integrated with de-icing solutions, which is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. The advent of novel infrared, hot water, tempered steam, forced air, electro-expulsive separation and electro-mechanical expulsion de-icing systems is also expected to provide an impetus to the market growth. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the launch of recyclable and environment-friendly de-icing agents. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the fluid type, the market has been divided into type I, II, III and IV.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into military and commercial.
- On the basis of the equipment, the market has been classified into de-icing trucks, sweepers and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include B/E Aerospace (Rockwell Collins, Inc.), BASF SE, Clariant AG, General Atomic, Global Ground Support LLC (AIR T, INC.), John Bean Technologies Corporation, Kilfrost Ltd., Dow Chemical Company, Tronair, Inc., UTC Aerospace Systems (Collins Aerospace), and Vestergaard Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800