According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Aircraft Seating Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global aircraft seating market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.6% during 2022-2027. Aircraft seating is essential for accommodating airline passengers during their journey. They are arranged in rows that run along the fuselage of the airplane. Usually classified based on the class, these seats are made up of various materials, including nylon, polyester, artificial leather, neoprene and wool. They are usually furnished with seat belts to ensure passenger safety. They are also equipped with a mechanical or electrical reclining mechanism that offers optimum comfort. Apart from this, they provide other advanced facilities, such as adjustable headrests, lumbar support and flatbed seating.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aircraft Seating Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the widespread preference for low-cost airlines. This can be accredited to rapid urbanization, shifting lifestyle preferences and an expansion of the middle-class population base. Consequently, there has been an increase in airline traffic, which has led to the growing requirement for improving seating capacities. Significant innovations in the premium economy class seats to offer enhanced convenience to the passengers is also contributing to the market growth. They are being designed with high-quality materials, sufficient leg space and comfortable recliners at a relatively lower cost than premium class. Moreover, manufacturers are replacing old seats with lightweight materials in an effort to offset the added weight of the growing airline traffic and baggage. Continual and steady investments in the maintenance and retrofitting of existing aircraft are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The introduction of advanced technologies for developing virtual prototypes of aircraft seating with 3D models is also expected to create a positive outlook for the market.
- On the basis of the aircraft type, the market has been divided into narrow body, widebody, very large, regional transport and other types of aircraft.
- Based on the seating class type, the market has been classified into the economy, premium economy, business and first class.
- On the basis of the seat type, the market has been bifurcated into 9g and 16g.
- Based on the fit type, the market has been categorized into retro and line fit.
- On the basis of the component type, the market has been segmented into seat actuators, foams and fittings, and others.
- Based on the end-use sector, the market has been divided into OEM, aftermarket and maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO).
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Acro Aircraft Seating, Adient Public Limited Company, Airbus SE, Autoflug GmbH, Aviointeriors S.p.A., Geven S.p.A., Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, Jamco Corporation, Rockwell Collins Inc., RECARO Holding, Safran, Thompson Aero Seating, and United Technologies Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800