According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Aircraft Sensors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global aircraft sensors market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Aircraft sensors are devices that measure physical quantities, such as temperature, pressure, speed, and altitude, and provide data to the aircraft's control systems for navigation, monitoring, and safety purposes. There are devices installed on aircraft to gather information about the surroundings, internal systems, and the environment of an aircraft. These sensors are critical components of modern aircraft, as they help pilots make informed decisions and adjust their flight plans in real-time. They also help in optimizing flight paths, reducing fuel consumption, and lowering operating costs. Some common aircraft sensors include airspeed sensors, which measure the speed of the aircraft relative to the air around it, altimeters, which measure the altitude of the aircraft above sea level, temperature sensors, which monitor engine and cabin temperatures, and pressure sensors, measure the pressure of the air inside and outside the aircraft.
Global Aircraft Sensors Market Trends:
Significant growth in the aviation sector is driving the global market. Along with this, the rising incidences of cross-border terrorist activities, drug trafficking, illegal trespassing, and increasing funds in the defense industry are catalyzing the market across the globe. Furthermore, the rising adoption of aircraft sensors for in-flight entertainment, monitoring aircraft performance, and ensuring smooth operations is favoring the growth of the market. With the growing number of air travelers and increasing air traffic, the aviation industry is heavily investing in enhancing safety and reliability while also reducing costs, thus providing a boost to the demand. Besides, the growing need for fuel efficiency is fuelling the market as aircraft sensors can help airlines optimize fuel consumption by providing data on engine performance, weather conditions, and other factors that affect fuel efficiency. Moreover, the increasing integration of the internet of things (IoT) in airplanes to gain real-time statistics is raising the utilization and need for sensors to generate more accurate data, which in turn is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, the development of new sensor technologies, such as fiber optic sensors and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) sensors, is augmenting the market as they offer improved accuracy, reliability, and durability compared to traditional sensors. Apart from this, the increasing investments by the governments of several countries in advanced aircraft sensors to protect citizens from internal and external threats are impacting the market favorably. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 6.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.50% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the aircraft type, the market has been divided into fixed wings, rotorcraft, and others. Currently, the fixed wings represented the largest market segment.
- Based on the sensor type, the market has been segmented into proximity, temperature, optical, pressure, force, flow, radar, and other sensors. Among these, temperature sensors exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the connectivity, the market has been bifurcated into wired and wireless sensors. Wired sensors presently account for the largest market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into flight decks, landing gear systems, weapon systems, fuel, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, engine/propulsion, cabin and cargo environmental controls, aerostructures and flight control, and others.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been segregated into OEM and aftermarket. Currently, OEM exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the regional insights, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States, and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Ametek, Inc., Amphenol Corporation, BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Eaton Corporation, General Atomics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Parker Meggitt (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Safran Electronics & Defense, and TE Connectivity Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Aircraft Types Covered
||Fixed Wings, Rotorcraft, Others
|Sensor Types Covered
||Proximity Sensors, Temperature Sensors, Optical Sensors, Pressure Sensors, Force Sensors, Flow Sensors, Radar Sensors, Others
||Wired Sensors, Wireless Sensors
||Flight Decks, Landing Gear Systems, Weapon Systems, Fuel, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic Systems, Engine/Propulsion, Cabin and Cargo Environmental Controls, Aerostructures and Flight Control, Others
|End Uses Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ametek, Inc., Amphenol Corporation, BAE Systems, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Eaton Corporation, General Atomics Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., Parker Meggitt (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Safran Electronics & Defense, TE Connectivity Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800