According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Airport Baggage Handling System Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global airport baggage handling system market size reached US$ 3.8 Billion in 2022. An airport baggage handling system refers to a conveyer structure that is used to transfer checked luggage from one place to another. It involves the utilization of destination-coded vehicles (DCVs), automatic scanners and conveyors equipped with sorting machines and junctions. It is comprised of a number of different checks and processes that transfer passenger baggage across the check-in counter, plane cargo holds and a collection point at an airport. Additionally, it is designed to count bags, balance loads, check the weights of bags and read bag information automatically. It has gained widespread prominence across the globe due to its numerous benefits, such as providing a seamless experience to travelers and reducing the workload for ground staff.
Global Airport Baggage Handling System Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing shift towards automation. Along with this, the rising investments by public and private agencies to upgrade the overall airport infrastructure are creating a positive market outlook. This can be attributed to the increasing number of travelers and the growing incidences of terrorism. In line with this, the rapid expansion of existing terminals and the establishment of new airports across several countries are providing a boost to the market. Moreover, continual technological advancements, such as the introduction of artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT) and machine learning (ML), are acting as major driving factors. Apart from this, the rising focus on extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players to develop more advanced product variants with increased capacity and quick turnaround time is impacting the market favorably. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and digitization and continual developments in the tourism sector, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 7.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 10.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the identification technology, the market has been segmented into barcode and RFID systems.
- Based on the airport class, the market has been bifurcated into class A, B and C airports.
- On the basis of the check-in type, the market has been segregated into assisted service and self-service bag check-in.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into conveyor system and destination coded vehicle.
- On the basis of the efficiency, the market has been categorized into below 3000, 3000 to 6000 and above 6000.
- Based on the cost analysis, the market has been segmented into operational and installation cost analysis.
- On the basis of the regional insights, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Siemens, Vanderlande, Daifuku Co., Ltd, Pteris Global, Beumer Group, Fives Group, G&S Airport Conveyor, Grenzebach Maschinenbau, BCS Group, Logplan, Glidepath Limited, Ansir Systems, Babcock International Group and SITA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Identification Technology, Airport Class, Check-In Type, Type, Efficiency, Cost Analysis, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Siemens, Vanderlande, Daifuku Co., Ltd, Pteris Global, Beumer Group, Fives Group, G&S Airport Conveyor, Grenzebach Maschinenbau, BCS Group, Logplan, Glidepath Limited, Ansir Systems, Babcock International Group and SITA
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800