The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Alfalfa Hay Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global alfalfa hay market size reached 257.8 Million Metric Tons in 2022. Alfalfa hay, also known as lucerne hay, is a forage source obtained from the alfalfa plant. It is a rich source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and calcium and produced by harvesting the crop with a swather and drying it in strips. It is commonly used to feed cattle, ruminants, poultry, and horses. It is also cultivated for grazing, hay and silage, and as green manure and cover crop. Alfalfa hay has a higher nutrient content and is more palatable than other grasses. As a result, it is also used to manufacture nutritional supplements that aid in improving the immune system in animals.
Global Alfalfa Hay Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing consciousness regarding animal nutrition among the masses. In addition, the escalating demand for chemical-free meat and milk-based products represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, as alfalfa hay is a cost-effective and environment-friendly feed alternative with a longer shelf-life, it is added to the cattle feed to improve the quantity and quality of milk produced. This, coupled with the increasing research and development (R&D) activities in the field of animal husbandry, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, key players are adopting innovative harvesting and processing machinery to manufacture long-fiber hay products and cubes with enhanced fiber content. Furthermore, the expanding agriculture industry, the rising scarcity of grazing lands, and the increasing number of cows raised by modern dairy farmers are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a volume of 353.5 Million Metric Tons by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into bales, pellets, and cubes.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into daily animal feed, poultry feed, horse feed, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into poultry, cattle, livestock, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Al Dahra ACX Inc., Alfalfa Monegros, Anderson Hay & Grain Co Inc., Bailey Farms International, Green Prairie International Inc., Hay USA Inc., Oxbow Animal Health, Riverina (Mitsubishi Corporation), Sacate Pellet Mills Inc., SL Follen Company, Standlee Premium Products LLC, and Zille S.A.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Million Metric Tons
||Type, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Al Dahra ACX Inc., Alfalfa Monegros, Anderson Hay & Grain Co Inc., Bailey Farms International, Green Prairie International Inc., Hay USA Inc., Oxbow Animal Health, Riverina (Mitsubishi Corporation), Sacate Pellet Mills Inc., SL Follen Company, Standlee Premium Products LLC, and Zille S.A
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal