The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aluminium Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, estimates that the global aluminium powder market reached a volume of 617,238 Tons in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2011-2018. Aluminium powder is a silver-white, lightweight and odorless powder which is obtained by finely grinding aluminium metal sheet in the presence of a food-grade fatty acid. It is primarily available in two types – atomized aluminium powder and aluminium flake powder. Atomized aluminium powder is spherical in shape whereas aluminium flake powder is in the form of flattened platelets. Due to its affordability, efficiency, resistance to corrosion and highly flammable nature, aluminium powder is extensively used for manufacturing explosives, printing inks, reflective roof coatings, autoclaved aerated concrete, sparkles, glitters, paints and sealants.
One of the primary factors which is escalating the sales of aluminium powder is its vast applications across industries like military, aerospace, mining, automotive, chemical and construction. Aluminium powder is used for several military applications as it releases flammable hydrogen gas when it comes in contact with water, alcohol, or strong acids and bases. Moreover, it is used in the automotive industry for the production of automobile paints and sealants. Inflating disposable incomes of individuals across the globe have escalated the sales of luxury cars, thereby providing a thrust to the growth of the aluminium powder market. Further, technological advancements in the construction industry have led to the introduction of light-weight concrete which requires aluminium powder as a major raw material. On account of these factors, the global aluminium powder market is expected to reach a volume of around 682,911 Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 1.6% during 2019-2024.
- Based on the technology, the market has been bifurcated into the air atomization and other segments. Amongst these, the air atomization segment exhibits a clear dominance, holding the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the end-use, the industrial sector represents the most popular segment, holding the largest share. Other major sectors include automotive, chemical, construction, explosives, and defense and aerospace.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segregated into aluminium ingots and aluminium scrap. Currently, aluminium ingots account for the majority of the total market share.
- On a geographical front, the market has been divided into Europe, North America, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the aluminium powder industry.
- Some of the key players operating in the market are Ecka Granules, Toyal America Inc., Alcoa, RUSAL, AMG Alpoco and MEPCO.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal