The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aluminium Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global aluminium powder market reached a volume of 629,000 Tons in 2021. Aluminium powder refers to the grounded form of aluminium metal. It is manufactured through various processes, such as spraying molten aluminium under high pressure to yield a fine granular powder. It is also obtained by dry ball milling and stamping operations. Aluminium powder is weightless, odor-free, and produces highly flammable hydrogen gas when it comes in contact with water, strong acids, and bases. As a result, it is employed in the production of sealants, sparkles, glitters, aerated autoclave concrete, reflective roof coatings, printing inks, and fireworks and explosives.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Aluminium Powder Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing applications of aluminium powder across diverse industries. For instance, it is used as a coloring pigment to provide luster and silvery finish to paints and coatings. It is also increasingly gaining prominence in pyro-technique, rocket fuel, and explosives. In the building and construction industry, aluminium powder is used in bricks and slabs to reduce their weight. It is widely used in additive manufacturing and powder metallurgy, which, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the growing environmental concerns, coupled with strong regulations imposed by governing authorities, have resulted in the adoption of green manufacturing practices, which is increasingly escalating the product demand. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a volume of 718,700 Tons by 2027.
- Based on technology, the market has been segmented into air atomization and others. Air represents the most preferred technology among manufacturers.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been classified into industrial, automotive, chemical, construction, explosives, defense and aerospace, and others. Amongst these, the industrial sector is the largest end user of aluminium powder, accounting for majority of the total global market.
- The market has been categorized based on the raw material into aluminium ingots and scraps. Currently, aluminium ingots exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market, with the largest market share. Other regions include Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being ECKA Granules Germany GmbH, Toyal America, Inc., Alcoa Corporation, United Co RUSAL plc, AMG Alpoco UK Limited, and Metal Powder Company Limited (MEPCO).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800