According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Amino Acids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global amino acids market reached a volume of 8.86 Million Tons in 2018. Amino acids are organic compounds that contribute to the development of protein in an organism. The human body requires approximately 20 amino acids to function and grow properly. Amongst these, nine amino acids, namely, isoleucine, lysine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, histidine, leucine, methionine, threonine and valine are considered essential. They help tendons, organs, arteries and glands to operate efficiently and play a vital role in the storage and transfer of nutrients. Amino acids offer various health benefits such as repairing tissues and healing wounds, particularly in muscles, skin, hair and bones.
Nowadays, athletes and other sportspersons are increasingly consuming energy drinks, low carbohydrate food products, and nutrition bars and supplements to enhance their performance. This has encouraged manufacturers to introduce beverages and food items containing significant portions of amino acids. Besides this, amino acid-based surfactants are becoming more popular than traditional surfactants as they are derived from special chemical structures, and are human-friendly and less toxic in nature. For instance, N-acyl amino acid-based surfactants can be used in skincare and cleansing products due to their optimum detergency and solubility. Apart from this, amino acids also play a vital role in the animal feed industry as they help in improving the efficiency of protein utilization in the animals. On account of these factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of 11.46 Million Tons by 2024, at a projected CAGR of 4.43% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- The market has been segmented on the basis of types which include glutamic acids, lysine and methionine. Amongst these, glutamic acid represents the most popular product type. Owing to its flavor-enhancing properties, this acid is majorly used in the food and beverages industry.
- Based on raw materials, the market has been segregated into plant- and animal-based materials. Currently, plant-based raw materials exhibit a clear dominance in the market due to their large-scale use in food and dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals and animal feed additives.
- On the basis of end-uses, the market has been categorized as animal feed, food and healthcare. Amongst these, amino acids are most commonly utilized in the production of animal feeds.
- The report has analyzed the market on regional-basis which mainly include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific represents the largest market, holding the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Ajinomoto, Amino, Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, and CJ CheilJedang.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal