According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Amniotic Membrane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global amniotic membrane market size reached US$ 1.4 Billion in 2022. The amniotic membrane is a thin, semi-transparent layer that forms part of the placenta during pregnancy. It surrounds and protects the developing fetus within the amniotic sac. It comprises two layers, the amnion and the chorion, which serve several essential functions. The amniotic membrane acts as a barrier, preventing potential infections and providing a cushioning effect against external trauma. It also facilitates the exchange of nutrients, oxygen, and waste products between the mother and the developing baby. It contains a rich source of growth factors, cytokines, and extracellular matrix components that promote tissue repair and regeneration. As a result, it has been used in various medical procedures and treatments, including wound healing, ocular surface reconstruction, and tissue engineering. It also exhibits anti-inflammatory properties, which assists in reducing inflammation and preventing excessive scar formation. Additionally, it also acts as a physical barrier, protecting the underlying tissues and promoting a moist environment that enhances wound healing.
Global Amniotic Membrane Market Trends:
A considerable rise in the number of corneal surgeries on account of their ability to reduce pain, restore vision, and improve the appearance of a damaged or diseased cornea is driving the global market. Moreover, AMs assist in enhancing epithelialization, reinforcing adhesion of basal epithelial cells, maintaining epithelial phenotype, and modulating the proliferation of normal cornea, conjunctivital and limbal fibroblast, which is catalyzing the growth of the market. Apart from this, several leading players are heavily investing in extensive research and development activities in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine, thus providing a boost to the market. Coupled with this, a rapid increase in the number of surgeries is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, ongoing advancements in the field of amniotic membrane-based products contribute to the expansion of their applications and the development of innovative treatment modalities, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Besides, the rising preference for minimally invasive procedures is impacting the market favorably. Furthermore, the availability of advanced and cost-effective treatment options, including amniotic membrane-based therapies, is impelling the market across the globe. Other factors, including the growing donations of the placenta, continual advancements in regenerative medicine, and the rising demand for tissue-based products for treating surgical wounds, are also influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into cryopreserved and lyophilization amniotic membrane. Currently, cryopreserved amniotic membrane represents the largest market segment.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into surgical wounds, ophthalmology, and others. Among these, surgical wounds exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, specialized clinics, and research centers and laboratory. Hospitals presently account for the largest market share.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Amnio Technology LLC, Amniox Medical Inc. (TissueTech Inc.), Genesis Biologics, Human Regenerative Technologies LLC, Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, Katena Products Inc., MiMedx Group, Next Biosciences, Skye Biologics Holdings LLC, Smith & Nephew plc, Surgenex LLC, Ventris Medical LLC, and Wright Medical Group N.V. (Stryker B.V.).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amnio Technology LLC, Amniox Medical Inc. (TissueTech Inc.), Genesis Biologics, Human Regenerative Technologies LLC, Integra LifeSciences Holdings Corporation, Katena Products Inc., MiMedx Group, Next Biosciences, Skye Biologics Holdings LLC, Smith & Nephew plc, Surgenex LLC, Ventris Medical LLC, and Wright Medical Group N.V. (Stryker B.V.)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800