According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market size reached US$ 719.2 Million in 2022. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALC), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that affects the motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. It causes muscle weakness, twitching, or cramping and makes it challenging for individuals to walk, speak, swallow, and breathe. It can also cause loss of muscle control and eventual paralysis among individuals. Besides this, it may be treated through medical approaches to enhance the quality of life of patients, delay disease progression, and provide supportive care to address the physical, emotional, and functional challenges posed by the condition.
Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Trends:
At present, the rising awareness about early diagnosis and treatment of diseases among individuals represents one of the major factors impelling the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing prevalence of ALS among the masses worldwide is contributing to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing demand for effective treatment options is positively influencing the market. Additionally, the increasing adoption of ALS among the geriatric population, as they are prone to neurodegenerative disorder, is propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, the rising advancements in medical technology and innovations in drug development are supporting the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 969.3 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the ALS type, the market has been bifurcated into sporadic ALS and familial ALS.
- On the basis of drug type, the market has been divided into marketed drug and emerging drug.
- Based on the diagnosis type, the market has been classified into electromyogram, MRI, blood and urine tests, spinal tap, and muscle biopsy.
- On the basis of treatment, the market has been segregated into medication, stem cell therapy, and others. At present, medication dominates the market, accounting for the largest share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others. Presently, hospital pharmacies hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AB Science, Ascend Pharmaceuticals LLC, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc., Corestem Inc., Cytokinetics Inc., Eledon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., ITF Pharma (Italfarmaco S.p.A), Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corpotion, Revalesio Corporation, and Treeway B.V.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||ALS Type, Drug Type, Diagnosis Type, Treatment, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AB Science, Ascend Pharmaceuticals LLC, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc., Corestem Inc., Cytokinetics Inc., Eledon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., ITF Pharma (Italfarmaco S.p.A), Mitsubishi Chemical Group Corpotion, Revalesio Corporation and Treeway B.V.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800