According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aniline Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global aniline market size reached 8.93 Million Tons in 2021. Aniline, also known as aminobenzene or phenylamine, is an organic compound with the chemical formula C6H5NH2 that belongs to the class of aromatic amines. It is prepared by the catalytic hydrogenation of nitrobenzene and characterized by a clear to slightly yellow color with an unpleasant odor. It is slightly soluble in water but highly soluble in chemicals, including ethers and alcohol. As a result, aniline finds extensive applications in various industries to produce a wide range of products such as dyes, drugs, explosives, plastics, photographic and rubber chemicals, synthetic dyes, antioxidants, stabilizers for the rubber industry, and explosives.
Global Aniline Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing usage of aniline in various industries across the globe. For instance, aniline is used to produce polyurethane (PU) rigid foams that are widely utilized in the construction industry. Moreover, the growing demand for aniline from the pharmaceutical industry is also contributing to the market growth. Besides this, various technological advancements and enhanced research and development (R&D) activities have enabled the extraction of aniline from biomass, which is further driving the market growth. In addition, the increasing usage of aniline as an anti-knock additive and solvent in the improvement of reformat gasoline is escalating its demand globally. Furthermore, there has been an increasing shift toward the usage of biomass-based products due to the growing environmental consciousness. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of 12.47 Million Tons by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.5% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been bifurcated into vapor- and liquid-phase processes.
- Based on the application, methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) represents the leading application segment, followed by others.
- On the basis of the end-use industry, the market has been divided into insulation, rubber products, consumer goods, transportation, packaging, agriculture, and others. Among these, insulation exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being BASF Corporation, Bayer Material Science, BorsodChem Mchz, First Chemical Corporation, Jilin Connell Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Hindustan Organics Chemicals Limited, Huntsman International, Mitsubishi Chemical, Mitsui Chemical, Narmada Chematur Petrochemicals Limited, Petrochina Co. Ltd., Sabic, Sp Chemicals Holdings Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical, Sumika Bayer Urethane Co., Ltd., The Dow Chemical Company and Tosoh Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.