According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aniline Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global aniline market size reached 7.8 Million Tons in 2018. Aniline is an organic compound belonging to the class of aromatic amines. With the chemical formula C6H5NH2, the compound is prepared by the catalytic hydrogenation of nitrobenzene. It is characterized by a clear to slightly yellow color with an unpleasant odor. Highly toxic in nature, it is a weak organic base that forms salts with mineral acids. It is slightly soluble in water but freely soluble in chemicals, including alcohols and ethers. It is widely utilized across various industry verticals for the production of a wide range of products, such as dyes, drugs, explosives, plastics, and photographic chemicals, rubber chemicals, agricultural chemicals, synthetic dyes, antioxidants, stabilizers for the rubber industry, herbicides, varnishes and explosives.
Global Aniline Market Trends:
Extensive application of aniline across various industries across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. For instance, aniline is utilized to produce polyurethane (PU) rigid foams, which are widely used in the construction industry. Moreover, methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) is obtained from aniline, which is utilized in the production of various products, such as elastomers, adhesives, sealants, case coating and furnishings, which are used across numerous industries. The thriving pharmaceutical industry is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Enhanced research and development (R&D) and technological advancements have now enabled the extraction of aniline from biomass. Owing to rising environmental consciousness, there is an increasing inclination toward the usage of biomass-based products, which, in turn, is contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of 10.6 Million Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.2% during 2019-2024.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been bifurcated into vapor-phase and liquid-phase processes.
- Based on the application, methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) represents the leading segment in the market.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been divided into insulation, rubber products, consumer goods, transportation, packaging and agriculture. Among these, insulation exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- On assessing the import and export scenario of the market, the report finds that the Netherlands and the United Kingdom are the biggest importer and exporter of aniline, respectively.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed in the report with some of the key players being BASF SE, Bayer Material Science, BorsodChem MCHZ, E. I. du Pont de Nemours, First Chemical Corporation, Jilin Connell Chemical Industry LLC, Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited, Huntsman Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Narmada Chematur Petrochemicals Limited, PetroChina Company Limited., Sabic, SP Chemicals Holdings Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Sumika Bayer Urethane Co., Ltd., Dow Chemical Company and Tosoh Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.