The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Antimicrobial Textiles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global antimicrobial textiles market size reached US$ 9.84 Billion in 2021. Antimicrobial textiles are functionally active textiles that destroy microorganisms and offer protection against bacteria, mold, mildew, and other hazardous microbes. They are manufactured by treating the fabric with a proprietary topical chemical that inhibits the growth of pathogens or using yarns with inherent microscopic antimicrobial functionality. They are durable, environment friendly and can reduce the risk of infection in hospitals or other areas where sanitation is essential. Owing to these properties, antimicrobial textiles are widely utilized in automotive textiles, healthcare facilities, air filters, food packaging, and water purification systems.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Antimicrobial Textiles Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing production of metal nanoparticles-based antiviral textiles, including face masks, gloves, and protective suits and shoes, due to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. In addition, the rising awareness among individuals regarding personal hygiene and the health risks associated with microorganisms represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, sportspersons are nowadays adopting antimicrobial sportswear as they help prevent microbial growth and sweating odor. This, coupled with the rising product adoption in the healthcare industry for manufacturing hospital gowns, patient clothes, curtains, bed covers, bandages, earbuds, scrubs, masks, lab coats, and protective kits, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the growing popularity of antimicrobial winter wear, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, and the increasing utilization of these textiles in common public areas, including hotels, restaurants, and trains, are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 14.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the fabric, the market has been segregated into polyester, polyamide, cotton, and others.
- On the basis of the active agents, the market has been classified into metal and metallic salts, synthetic organic compounds, and biobased agents.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into medical textiles, home textiles, apparel, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being BioCote Limited, Herculite Products Inc., Kolon Industries Inc., Life Threads Global LLC, Microban International Ltd. (W.M. Barr & Company Inc.), Milliken & Company, PurThread Technologies Inc., Resil Chemicals Private Limited, Response Fabrics (India) Pvt. Ltd, Sanitized AG, Sono-Tek Corporation and Trevira GmbH (Indorama Ventures).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800