According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global antisense & RNAi therapeutics market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2022. Antisense therapeutics involve the use of short, synthetic nucleotide sequences that are designed to bind complementary messenger RNA (mRNA) molecules and inhibit the translation of specific proteins. On the other hand, RNAi therapeutics utilize small interfering RNA (siRNA) molecules to silence the expression of disease-causing genes at the post-transcriptional level. As they offer enhanced treatment for genetic disorders, viral infections, and certain types of cancers, the demand for antisense and RNAi therapeutics is increasing across the globe.
Global Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for disease management to regulate gene expression is supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, the increasing adoption of antisense and RNAi therapies, as they offer highly specific and personalized approaches that cater to treatments to specific genetic profiles of individuals, is strengthening the growth of the market. In line with this, the growing demand for precision medicine among individuals is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the increasing prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, across the globe is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, the rising demand for therapies that reduce disease progression is bolstering the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.3% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, the market has been bifurcated into RNA interference (siRNA and miRNA) and antisense RNA. Presently, antisense RNA represents the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the route of administration, the market has been classified into intravenous route, subcutaneous route, intrathecal route, pulmonary delivery, intraperitoneal injection, and others. At present, pulmonary delivery dominates the market, accounting for the largest share.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into oncology, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), respiratory disorders, renal diseases, neurodegenerative disorders, genetic disorders, infectious diseases, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc., Arbutus Biopharma Corporation, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc., Benitec Biopharma Ltd., Bio-Path Holdings Inc., Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Novo Nordisk A/S), Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., OliX Pharmaceuticals Inc., Phio Pharmaceuticals Corp., Sarepta Therapeutics Inc., Silence Therapeutics, and Sirnaomics Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, Route of Administration, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Alnylam Pharmaceuticals Inc., Arbutus Biopharma Corporation, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc., Benitec Biopharma Ltd., Bio-Path Holdings Inc., Dicerna Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Novo Nordisk A/S), Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., OliX Pharmaceuticals Inc., Phio Pharmaceuticals Corp., Sarepta Therapeutics Inc., Silence Therapeutics and Sirnaomics Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800