According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Aquaculture Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global aquaculture market size reached 75.6 Million Tons in 2022. Also known as aquafarming, aquaculture is the process of breeding, rearing, and harvesting fish, algae, mollusks, shellfish, and other aquatic organisms. It is generally practiced in controlled environments, such as lakes, oceans, rivers, ponds, and streams. It assists in food production, increasing the wild stock population, restoring threatened and endangered species population, and building aquariums and fish culture. Besides this, it aids in reducing waste creation and utilizing agricultural and natural resources optimally.
Global Aquaculture Market Trends:
A significant rise in the demand for seafood on account of the presence of high-quality proteins and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) represents one of the key factors favorably influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the rising demand for fish oil in various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals and food and beverages (F&B), is also strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, with the growing consciousness about the long-term benefits of adopting efficient aquaculture practices, fish breeders are adopting technologically advanced equipment to analyze fish behavior, monitor the water and manage the facility, which is further supporting the market growth. Looking forward, the market volume is projected to reach 100.3 Million Tons by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.86% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the fish type, the market has been segmented into freshwater fish, molluscs, crustaceans, and others.
- On the basis of the environment, the market has been categorized into fresh, marine, and brackish water.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into traditional retail, supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialized retailers, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Asia Pacific (China, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, and others); Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Norway, Spain, Russia, France, Italy, Greece, Netherlands, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, and others); Middle East and Africa (Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others); and North America (the United States and Canada).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Aquaculture of Texas, Inc., Aquaculture Systems Technologies, LLC, Aquafarm Equipment AS, Cermaq Group AS, Cooke Aquaculture Inc., CPI Equipment Inc., Frea Aquaculture Solutions, Farallon Aquaculture Group, Huon Aquaculture Company Pvt. Ltd., International Fish Farming Holding Co., Leroy Seafood Group ASA, Nireus Aquaculture S.A., SELONDA Aquaculture SA, Stehr Group, Stolt-Nielsen Limited, Tassal Group Limited and Thai Union Group PCL.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Fish Type, Environment, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||China, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, Chile, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Norway, Spain, Russia, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Greece, Netherlands, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, United States, Canada
||Aquaculture of Texas Inc., Aquaculture Systems Technologies LLC, Aquafarm Equipment AS, Cermaq ASA, Cooke Aquaculture Inc., CPI Equipment Inc., Frea Aquaculture Solutions, Grupo Farallon Aquaculture, Huon Aquaculture Group Pty Ltd., International Fish Farming Co. – Asmak, Leroy Sea Food Group, Nireus Aquaculture S.A, SELONDA Aquaculture SA, Stehr Group Pty Ltd., Stolt-Nielsen Limited (Fiducia Ltd.), Tassal Group Limited and Thai Union Group Plc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800