According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Artificial Disc Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global artificial disc market reached a value of US$ 2.6 Billion in 2022. An artificial disc is a medical device that is used to replace a damaged or degenerated spinal disc in the spine. The spinal discs are soft, gel-like cushions that sit between the vertebrae and help to absorb shock and provide flexibility to the spine. It is designed to mimic the natural function of a healthy spinal disc. It is typically made of metal, plastic, or a combination of both and comes in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit different spinal levels and patient needs. It is inserted into the space left by the removed disc during a surgical procedure called artificial disc replacement (ADR). It comprises two endplates made of titanium alloy, cobalt-chromium, or medical-grade polyethylene. It is compressible, allowing for flexibility and movement while reducing back strain. It uses motion-sparing technology to maintain extended motion and lateral bending. Healthcare professionals recommend artificial discs as they provide a decent level of mobility restoration as compared to spinal fusion surgery.
Global Artificial Disc Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of spinal disorders. In line with this, the growing demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures is significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the ongoing technological advancements and the expansion of healthcare infrastructure in developing economies are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the rising number of artificial spine disc replacement surgeries is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the escalating prevalence of degenerative disc diseases and the insertion of superior artificial spine discs leading to greater ease and mobility for the patient are propelling the market. Besides, the rising mergers and acquisitions by the companies involved in the artificial spine disc market are expected to favor the market. Additionally, the growing number of trauma-related and sports injuries and orthopedic surgeries is providing a boost to the market. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 7.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 18.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the disc type, the market has been categorized into cervical artificial disc and lumbar artificial disc.
- Based on the material type, the market has been classified into metal on polymer and metal on metal.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals and clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft (B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG), Depuy Synthes Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Globus Medical Inc., Medtronic plc, Nuvasive Inc., Orthofix Medical Inc., Paradigm Spine LLC (RTI Surgical Holdings Inc.), Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Disc Type, Material Type, End User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft (B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG), Depuy Synthes Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Globus Medical Inc., Medtronic plc, Nuvasive Inc., Orthofix Medical Inc., Paradigm Spine LLC (RTI Surgical Holdings Inc.), Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation and Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800