The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Artificial Turf Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global artificial turf market size reached US$ 3,187.80 Million in 2021. Artificial turf, also known as synthetic grass, is a carpet-like material made of synthetic fibers to resemble natural grass. It is widely used in stadiums and arenas for sports that were originally played on natural grass surfaces. It can withstand heavy use, eliminates the need for irrigation or trimming, is easily recyclable, and has a low environmental impact. Owing to these properties, artificial turf is gaining traction across the residential and commercial sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Artificial Turf Market Trends:
In recent years, with the growing consumer inclination toward attractive lawns and playgrounds in homes or societies due to rising disposable incomes and improving lifestyles, people are increasingly opting for artificial turfs. In addition, the market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for cost-effective, durable and easy-to-maintain flooring products for outdoor applications. Besides this, the growing number of sports events and tournaments, and unfavorable climatic conditions for proper growth of natural grass are escalating the demand for artificial turf in the sports sector. Moreover, governments of various countries are investing in infrastructure development projects to construct new commercial gardens, sports complexes and stadiums. This, coupled with the widespread adoption of artificial turfs in public places, such as airports, restaurants and hotels, due to their water-saving properties, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the introduction of artificial turfs with long color holding, wear-resistant, and antibacterial properties that prevent the spread of bacteria and germs is also creating a positive market outlook across the globe. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4,522 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.70 % during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the material, the market has been classified into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyamides, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into household, sports and leisure, restaurant and hotels, airports and commercial offices, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into direct sales/B2B, online stores, specialty stores, convenience stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Act Global, CoCreation Grass Co. Ltd, Condor Group, Dow Inc., ForestGrass Co. Ltd., Global Syn-Turf Inc., Polytan GmbH, Shaw Industries Group Inc. (Berkshire Hathaway Company), SIS Group Ltd., SpectraTurf Inc. (Ecore International Inc.), Sport Group Holding GmbH, Tarkett S.A. and Koninklijke TenCate B.V.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.