IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Artillery Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global artillery systems market size reached US$ 4.1 Billion in 2022. Artillery systems refer to heavy, long-range weapons and guns that utilize an exploding propellant charge to shoot a projectile along an unpowered trajectory. Some commonly used artillery systems include multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS), howitzers, mortars, air defense guns, man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS), and rocket launchers. They are widely used by military forces to launch munitions far beyond the range and power of infantry weapons or small firearms. They are also utilized for high strategic and tactical mobility and assist in providing fire support to the arms in combat, attacking targets, and neutralizing gun emplacements of the enemy forces. They offer higher accuracy, precise firepower, quick response, and reduced reload time than their traditional counterparts. As a result, artillery systems are gaining immense traction across the military and defense sectors.
Global Artillery Systems Market Trends:
The increasing military spending, especially in emerging countries, to strengthen national security and warfare and firepower capabilities represent the primary factor driving the market growth. This can be attributed to the rising cross-border conflicts, geopolitical tensions, and terrorism coupled with changing nature of warfare across the globe. Moreover, there has been widespread adoption of artillery systems by land, air, and naval forces during training for war and to protect against fast-moving objects. In line with this, the growing need for high-precision arms and ammunition to support friendly troops and reduce collateral damage has augmented the demand for artillery systems. Besides this, the surging popularity of single-barrel weapon systems that are lighter, cost-effective, and can fire rapid successive shots is fueling the market growth. In addition, the leading players are introducing lightweight, mobile, and self-propelled artillery systems that can be brought into action much faster and provide long-range indirect fire support on the battlefield. Along with this, the launch of weapon modernization programs to develop and adopt new, next-generation artillery systems has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the expanding defense budget, escalating demand for howitzers to attack targets using indirect and direct fire, rapid modernization of the armed forces, and rising automation of artillery firing systems, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.1 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 3.6% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into rocket, anti-air, howitzer, mortar, and others.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been classified into fire control system, chassis, engine, gun turret, and others.
- The market has been divided based on the caliber into small, medium, and heavy.
- Based on the range, the market has been categorized into short, medium, and long ranges.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into aerospace and defense and homeland security.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Avibras Industria Aeroespacial, BAE Systems plc, Denel Soc Ltd, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, Hanwha Group, Leonardo SpA, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Nexter group KNDS, Rostec, RUAG Holding, and Singapore Technologies Engineering.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Component, Caliber, Range, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Avibras Industria Aeroespacial, BAE Systems plc, Denel Soc Ltd, Elbit Systems Ltd., General Dynamics Corporation, Hanwha Group, Leonardo SpA, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Nexter group KNDS, Rostec, RUAG Holding and Singapore Technologies Engineering
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800