The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Augmented Reality Gaming Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, provides a deep insight into the global augmented reality gaming market reached a value of US$
8.4 Billion in 2022. The gaming industry is constantly evolving as creators and developers are introducing new games and technologies to capture the attention of gamers across the globe. Augmented reality (AR) gaming is one such innovation in the industry which converges the real and virtual realms. These games are played on devices such as tablets, smartphones and portable gaming systems. Unlike virtual reality gaming, augmented reality gaming does not require a confined area for re-creating the immersive environment as it adds the distinct features of a game in the user’s real-time environment.
We are tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Augmented Reality Gaming Market Trends:
In comparison with virtual reality gaming, the augmented reality gaming technology is relatively new but is currently growing at a rapid pace owing to its immense potential. A continuous increase in the number of mobile gamers has positively impacted the demand for augmented reality games. Moreover, several large developers are introducing different games using AR technology which has enabled gaming enthusiasts to interact with the real world differently. Apart from this, the growing adoption of augmented reality equipment for conducting day-to-day operations, such as calling or setting up a meeting, is also contributing to the overall growth of the market. Further, numerous organizations are investing in advanced solutions for integrating AR games into smartphones, thereby improving the client’s experience and increasing the developers’ revenue. On account of these factors, the global augmented reality gaming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of
30.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on component, the augmented reality gaming market has been bifurcated into software and hardware components.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been segregated as RFID, GPS, mobile tracking and others.
- Based on devices, HMDs exhibit a clear dominance in the augmented reality gaming market. Besides HMDs, the other devices include mobiles and smart glasses.
- The market has also been classified on the basis of game type which include racing, adventure, fighting, shooting, mystery thriller, puzzle and science fiction.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. At present, North America represents the leading market, owing to the consumers’ inflated disposable incomes and constant technological innovations in the region.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed with some of the key players being Augmented Pixels, Aurasma, Blippar, Catchoom, Infinity Augmented Reality, Metaio, Qualcomm, Total Immersion, VividWorks, Wikitude and Zappar.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331