The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Auto Dimming Mirror Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global auto dimming mirror market reached a value of US$ 1.8 Billion in 2022. Auto dimming mirror or self-dimming mirror is an automotive mirror that reduces the glare caused by the headlights of the vehicle behind. It is equipped with advanced sensors that detect the light of the tailing vehicles through the process of electrochromism and eradicate the glare by darkening the mirror. The sensors search for a brighter light source during the night or bad lighting and detect the change in their intensity, thereby generating an electric charge via a low voltage power supply inside the interior of the mirror. It also has the ability to house secondary features such as safety camera systems, compass, and microphone. In recent years, auto dimming mirrors have become an integral part of both commercial and passenger vehicles as it increases the safety of passengers as well as drivers.
Global Auto Dimming Mirror Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising awareness among the masses regarding driver and passenger safety. Auto dimming mirrors maintain a clear field of view of the road and help in preventing frequent road accidents caused by excessive glare at night. In addition, the significant growth of the automotive industry is also fueling the market growth. Besides this, the rising demand for advanced features, such as parking assists, LED headlights, and lightning assists in vehicles have increased the need to incorporate auto dimming mirrors. Moreover, with the inflating disposable income levels, individuals are willing to spend more on advanced features and luxury vehicles, thereby facilitating market growth. Furthermore, manufacturers are launching auto dimming mirrors integrated with the cloud and Internet of Things (IoT), thus creating a positive outlook for the market. They also offer parking and lighting assistance, blind spot detection, hands-free and Bluetooth connectivity, navigation and temperature displays. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 2.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into inside and outside rear-view mirrors.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been classified into passenger and commercial vehicles.
- The market has been categorized based on the fuel type into ICE, hybrid, and electric.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Ficosa International SA (Panasonic Corporation), FLABEG AUTOMOTIVE GLASS GROUP GMBH, Gentex Corporation, Honda Lock Mfg. Corporation Limited (Honda Motor Company Limited), Konview Electronics Corporation Limited, Magna International Inc., Murakami Corporation, SAMVARDHANA MOTHERSON GROUP, Shenzhen Germid Corporation Limited, and TOKAIRIKA Corporation Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Application, Vehicle Type, Fuel Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ficosa International SA (Panasonic Corporation), FLABEG AUTOMOTIVE GLASS GROUP GMBH, Gentex Corporation, Honda Lock Mfg. Co. Ltd. (Honda Motor Company Ltd), Konview Electronics Corporation Limited, Magna International Inc., Murakami Corporation, SAMVARDHANA MOTHERSON GROUP, Shenzhen Germid Co. Ltd. and TOKAIRIKA CO LTD.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800