According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Automotive Clutch: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global automotive clutch market reached a value of US$ 11.7 Billion in 2021. An automotive clutch refers to a mechanical device that is utilized for the engagement and disengagement of power transmission. It is commonly available in the dog, hydraulic, and friction variants. It is widely used to transmit torque from a rotating driving motor to the transmission. An automotive clutch is manufactured using numerous friction materials that offer strength and resistance while ensuring a smooth engagement of gears. It also consists of numerous components, such as a crankshaft, flywheel, pilot bushing, clutch disk, pressure plate, and a throw-out bearing. It assists in preventing transmission overload, enhancing power, and significantly reducing the impact of torsional vibration in an automobile.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Automotive Clutch Market Trends:
The significant growth in the automotive industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the growing preference for electric vehicles (EVs) and semi-automatic or fully automatic transmission systems in automobiles is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the increasing customer inclination toward more convenient modes of transmission and growing demand for passenger cars in emerging economies is propelling the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of improved and advanced clutches, such as the dual clutch transmission (DCT) system, that assists in offering smoother performance, faster acceleration, and enhanced fuel economy are providing a thrust to the market growth. In line with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities by manufacturers to improve the efficiency of advanced models are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, rapid urbanization, rising expenditure capacities of consumers and implementation of various government initiatives to promote the production of fuel-efficient vehicles are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 16.1 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.54% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been bifurcated into passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles.
- Based on the transmission type, the market has been divided into manual, automatic and automated manual transmission (AMT).
- On the basis of the clutch type, the market has been categorized into friction, dog and hydraulic clutch.
- Based on the clutch disk/plate size, the market has been divided into below 9 inches, 9 to 10 inches, 10 to 11 inches, 11 inches and above.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into aftermarket and OEM.
- Based on the material type, the market has been bifurcated into ceramic and organic.
- On the basis of region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd., Magneti Marelli S.p.A., Schaeffler Group AG & Co., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, BorgWarner Inc., Valeo, Eaton Corporation Inc., WABCO Holdings Inc., EXEDY Corporation, F.C.C. Co. Ltd., NSK Ltd., AMS Automotive LLC, APLS Automotive Industries Pvt. Ltd., JATCO Ltd., Allison Transmission, Inc., and FTE automotive GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800