According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Automotive Heat Shield Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global automotive heat shield market size reached US$ 11.1 Billion in 2022. The automotive heat shield is a type of sheet specifically designed to cover the internal combustion engine and exhaust systems, protecting various automotive components from the excessive heat produced by them. It is essentially a thermal barrier that helps enhance the power output of an engine by regulating the under-hood heat and intake air temperature (IAT) and maintaining ideal thermal comfort inside the vehicle. The automotive heat shield can be manufactured using metallic and non-metallic materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, nylon, and ceramics. It offers numerous benefits, including low cost, simple installation, and easily available customizable and tailor-made variants. Consequently, they are extensively used in passenger cars and light and heavy commercial vehicles.
Global Automotive Heat Shield Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the automotive heat shield market growth is the increasing production and sales of automobiles across the globe. Besides this, the increasing popularity of electric and hybrid vehicles (EV/HEV) is fuelling the use of heat shields to counter the heat produced by lithium-ion batteries, which is positively impacting the market growth. Moreover, ongoing improvements in production technology, in confluence with innovative product advancements, including the integration of turbochargers or superchargers in spark ignition and compression ignition engines, are creating a favorable outlook for the market. In addition to this, the advent of space-saving heat shields and extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities by leading market players to engineer new heat shield components for electric and hybrid vehicles are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the shifting preference of automotive manufacturers toward lightweight product variants made from metal composites and meta-aramid materials that are durable and flame resistant is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 13.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the material, the market is bifurcated into metallic and non-metallic.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into single shell, double shell, and sandwich type.
- Based on application, the market is categorized into exhaust system, turbocharger, under bonnet, engine compartment, under chassis, and others.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been divided into passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Autoneum, Carcoustics (Liaoning Dare Industrial Company Ltd.), Dana Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc, ElringKlinger AG, HAPPICH GmbH (Pelzer Acoustic Products GmbH), Lydall Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials Plc, NICHIAS Corporation, Talbros Automotive Components Ltd., Tenneco Inc., and Zircotec.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Material, Product, Application, Vehicle Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Autoneum, Carcoustics (Liaoning Dare Industrial Company Ltd.), Dana Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc, ElringKlinger AG, HAPPICH GmbH (Pelzer Acoustic Products GmbH), Lydall Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials Plc, NICHIAS Corporation, Talbros Automotive Components Ltd., Tenneco Inc. and Zircotec
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800