IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Automotive Slipper Clutch Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global automotive slipper clutch market size reached US$ 780.8 Million in 2021. An automotive slipper clutch, or a torque limiter, isa specialized clutch integrated with a freewheel mechanism and anti-lock braking system (ABS). It is designed to partially disengage or slip while decelerating the vehicle until the engine and wheel speeds are compatible. It assists in preventing sudden forces from damaging the transmission, reducing overall momentum, minimizing the effects of engine braking, and improving transmission longevity. It also helps prevents the rear wheel from locking up in case of engine seizures, thereby eliminating the chances of accidents or collisions. In recent years, automotive slipper clutch has gained immense traction as it absorbs shock and vibration, improves driver safety, minimizes the experience of bumpy rides, and enhances the performance of vehicles.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Automotive Slipper Clutch Market Trends:
The inflating sales of two-wheelers due to the expanding global population, rapid urbanization, and rising purchasing power of individuals represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the automotive slipper clutch helps reduce the work of the suspension, control the rear wheel while hard braking and downshifting, and lower the risk of wear and tear of different components in the drivetrain or gearbox. As a result, the increasing consumer preferences for premium and performance-oriented motorcycles are positively influencing product demand. This is further supported by the growing interest of individuals in bike racing for recreational purposes. Besides this, the surging production of racing prototype bikes has accelerated the adoption of the automotive slipper clutch to gain faster lap times. Additionally, the leading manufacturers are focusing on improving engine performance and heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch innovative product variants. In line with this, the advent of advanced anti-reverse torque (A-RT) slipper clutch technology has propelled market growth. Furthermore, the emerging automotive industry, escalating demand for high displacement motorcycles, and ongoing technological advancements are some of the other factors providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,100.2 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into entry-level (below 400cc), mid-size (400cc-699cc), full-size (700cc-1000cc), and performance (above 1000cc). Amongst these, entry-level (below 400cc) automotive slipper clutch accounts for the majority of the market share.
- The market has been classified based on the vehicle type into passenger cars, commercial vehicles, and others. Currently, passenger cars represent the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into OEM and aftermarket, wherein aftermarket exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being EXEDY Corporation, F.C.C. Co., Ltd., Hinson Racing, Hyper Racing Inc., Ricardo Plc, Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG, Sigma Performance Limited, STM ITALY SRL, SURFLEX S.r.l., and Yoyodyne L.L.C.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800