As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Baby Wipes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global baby wipes market size reached US$ 4.60 Billion in 2021. Baby wipes are essential products utilized for maintaining the hygiene of an infant or baby. These wipes are manufactured from non-woven rayon, cotton and plastic resins, such as polypropylene, polyester and polyethylene, which are saturated with several gentle cleansing ingredients. They also have artificial fragrances and medicinal and anti-bacterial properties. They are usually sold in plastic-based packaging that aids in keeping them moist and easing the dispensing process.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Baby Wipes Market Trends:
The increasing awareness about proper hygiene among parents represents one of the significant factors propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, due to rising concerns about the presence of harmful substances in baby care products, a vast number of parents have shifted toward organic and natural baby care products, such as diapers and wipes. Consequently, the leading players have started using natural ingredients, like plant fibers and water instead of alcohol, in the manufacture of these wipes. They are also increasing investments in the expansion of their production capacities. For instance, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, a US-based personal care company, has recently invested in its Tuas manufacturing facility to provide value addition to its Huggies baby wipes products and increasing their output. Furthermore, the surging cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and consequent lockdowns imposed by various countries have escalated the demand for baby wipes through e-commerce websites. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 5.65 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.3% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into spunlace, airlaid, coform, needle punch, composite and others.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into dry and wet wipes.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Johnson & Johnson Pty Ltd., Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Unicharm Corporation and SCA Hygiene Products AB.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal