According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Barcode Scanner Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global barcode scanner market witnessed strong growth during 2015-2020. A barcode scanner, also known as a point-of-sale scanner or a barcode reader, refers to a handheld device used to read and record the information contained in a barcode. It consists of a lens, light source and light sensor for capturing and decoding barcodes. Some commonly used barcode scanners include camera-based scanners, laser scanners, pen wands and charge-coupled device (CCD) scanners. They find extensive applications in warehouse management as they provide a real-time overview of products stored in a warehouse.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Barcode Scanner Market Trends:
The growing adoption of barcode scanners by retailers across the globe for a hassle-free recording of supplies and commodities represents the primary factor driving the market. Barcode scanners assist in recording information, such as date of manufacturing, product count, selling price and date of supply to the retailer, printed on the product packaging in the form of a barcode. Additionally, the rising popularity of these scanners across the healthcare sector for managing the medical records of patients has bolstered the market growth. Furthermore, the demand for barcode scanners has escalated as they help improve the accuracy of the recorded data by minimizing human error in recording and managing information online. Besides this, the introduction of two-dimensional (2D) barcodes, such as data matrix and quick response (QR) code, further increases the product applications across various sectors. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into handheld and stationary barcode scanners.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into wired and wireless barcode scanners.
- Based on the scanner type, the market has been categorized into rugged and non-rugged barcode scanners.
- The market has been divided based on the technology into camera-based reader, charge-coupled device reader, laser scanner, omnidirectional barcode scanner, pen-type reader, RFID reader, smartphone-based scanner, and others.
- Based on the component, the market has been bifurcated into solutions and services.
- On the basis of the end use sector, the market has been segregated into retail and commercial, general manufacturing, healthcare, logistics and warehousing, commercial aviation, defense and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Bluebird Inc., Cognex Corporation, Datalogic S.p.A (Hydra S.p.A), DENSO Wave, Inc., Honeywell International Inc., JC Square Inc. (GMO Hosting & Security Inc.), SATO Holdings Corporation, Scandit AG, Toshiba TEC Corporation and Zebra Technologies Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331