IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Barcode Scanner Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global barcode scanner market size reached US$ 6.5 Billion in 2022. Barcode scanners, or barcode readers and point-of-sale (POS) scanners, refer to handheld input devices used to decode and capture the information of a barcode on an item. They consist of a scanner, lens, light source, built-in or external decoder, and cable to connect the reader to a computer or POS system. They work by recording and translating the barcode into numbers or letters and then forward the data to a computer or software application to translate it into information. They are commonly available in different variants, such as camera-based, laser, pen wands, and charge-coupled device (CCD) scanners. As a result, barcode scanners are widely employed in warehouse management as they offer a real-time overview of various products stored in the warehouse.
Global Barcode Scanner Market Trends:
Barcode scanners assist in collecting information, including selling price, manufacturing date, date of supply to the retailer, and product count, printed on the product packaging as a barcode. Consequently, the rising adoption of barcode scanners for the hassle-free recording of supplies and commodities represents one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Besides this, rapid digitization in the retail industry is another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, there is a rise in product usage across the healthcare sector for handling medical records and medications of patients as they aid in improving the efficiency of the recorded data by eliminating the risk of human errors in recording and managing the information online. In line with this, the increasing utilization of barcode scanners for inventory control and gathering business intelligence for business process optimization has augmented product demand. Furthermore, the significant expansion in the e-commerce industry has accelerated the adoption of barcode scanners in shipping, logistics, and warehousing for seamless business operations management. Besides this, the development of two-dimensional (2D) barcodes, such as quick response (QR) codes and data matrices, is anticipated to expand product applications across travel and tourism, media, and entertainment sectors. Other factors, including the rising preferences for automated warehouses, the emerging healthcare industry, the increasing popularity of contactless payments, continual product innovations, and technological advancements, are also providing a positive impact on the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 9.9 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 7.3% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified as handheld and stationary barcode scanners.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into wired and wireless barcode scanners.
- The market has been segmented based on the scanner type into rugged and non-rugged barcode scanners.
- Based on technology, the market has been categorized into camera based reader, charge coupled device reader, laser scanner, omni directional barcode scanners, pen type reader, RFID reader, smart phone based scanner, and others.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been classified into solutions and services.
- The market has been segregated based on the end use sector into retail and commercial, general manufacturing, healthcare, logistics and warehousing, commercial aviation, defense, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Bluebird Inc., Cognex Corporation, Datalogic S.p.A. (Hydra S.p.A), Denso Wave Incorporated, Honeywell International Inc., JC Square Inc. (GMO Hosting & Security Inc.), SATO Holdings Corporation, Scandit AG, Toshiba TEC Corporation, and Zebra Technologies Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Type, Scanner Type, Technology, Component, End-Use Sector, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bluebird Inc., Cognex Corporation, Datalogic S.p.A. (Hydra S.p.A), Denso Wave Incorporated, Honeywell International Inc., JC Square Inc. (GMO Hosting & Security Inc.), SATO Holdings Corporation, Scandit AG, Toshiba TEC Corporation and Zebra Technologies Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800