The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Beta Glucan Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global beta glucan market size reached a value of US$ 446.5 Million in 2021. Beta glucan is a natural polysaccharide obtained from the cell walls of algae, yeasts, lichens, fungi, and bacteria. It is also found in certain barley, oats, and mushroom plants. Beta glucan is scientifically proven to promote human and animal health, maintain the immune system, and lower blood sugar levels in the body. It consists of medicinal properties that aid in curing asthma, allergies, high cholesterol, diabetes, alleviating the symptoms of fibromyalgia, Crohn’s disease, and chronic fatigue syndrome. It is essentially used in dietary supplements, food ingredients, and medical purposes. It also finds utilization as a food additive in various products such as cheese spreads, salad dressing, sour cream, and frozen desserts.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Beta Glucan Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cholesterol and heart diseases. Besides this, the expanding cosmetic industry is facilitating the demand for beta glucan due to its soothing, moisturizing, and anti-irritant properties. Beta glucan also finds application in boosting recovery among patients undergoing surgeries, immunotherapy, and cancer treatments. Apart from this, with the growing health consciousness, consumers have become more inclined toward processed food with nutritional value over synthetic ingredients, which is fueling the market growth. Moreover, the growing preference for herbal medications and rising awareness among individuals about the benefits of beta- is also significantly influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing consciousness regarding personal grooming and healthcare expenditure due to inflating disposable income levels is escalating the demand for beta glucan. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 691.3 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.80% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into soluble and insoluble beta glucan.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been classified into cereal, mushroom, yeasts, and seaweed.
- The market has been categorized based on the industry vertical into animal feed, personal care and cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being American International Chemical LLC (LeBaronBrown Industries LLC), Beta Bio Technology Sp Z O O, Ceapro Inc., Garuda International Inc., Kemin Industries Inc., Kerry Group plc, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lallemand Inc., Lantmännen, Super Beta Glucan Inc., Tate & Lyle plc, and Van Wankum Ingredients.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800