According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Biobutanol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global biobutanol market grew at a CAGR of around 9% during 2015-2020. Biobutanol, or butyl alcohol, is an excellent renewable energy source used as a transport fuel, industrial solvent, and chemical feedstock. It contains four carbon atoms and is obtained from the fermentation of starch, sugar, and cellulose in organic feedstocks. As compared to ethanol, biobutanol is non-corrosive, immiscible, and less flammable. It also has a higher energy content with lower vapor pressure. Upon combustion, it releases fewer hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide. On account of these properties, biobutanol is widely used as an energy source in internal combustion (IC) engines and the manufacturing of rubber, paints, coatings, resins, plasticizers, pharmaceuticals, food-grade extractants, chemical intermediates, and herbicides.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Biobutanol Market Trends:
The rising demand for renewable energy and alternative fuel generation sources, coupled with increasing overall consciousness, represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. The widespread adoption of biobutanol for the manufacturing of various chemicals, such as butyl acrylates, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Biobutanol is also used for the production of acetates, acrylates, glycol ethers and other industrial solvents, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including the increasing consumption of biofuels in the aviation industry and fleet transportation sector, the implementation of favorable government policies encouraging the use of bio-based products, and technological advancements in the field of cellulose extraction, are also anticipated to drive the market toward growth. Looking forward, the market value is expected to witness moderate growth during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market is segregated as cereal crops, sugarcane bagasse, waste biomass and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into acrylates, acetates, glycol ethers, biofuel, others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been divided into transportation, construction, medical, power generation and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been spread across North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abengoa SA, Biocleave Limited, Bioenergy International, Butalco GmBH (Lesaffre), Butamax Advanced Biofuels LLC (BP and Corteva), Eastman Chemical Company, Gevo Inc., Metabolic Explorer SA, Solvay SA, and W2 Energy Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal