According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Biodegradable Mulch Films Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global biodegradable mulch films market grew at a CAGR of around 7.9% during 2015-2020. Biodegradable mulch film is an organic layer composed of natural materials that decompose in the soil without leaving harmful residues. It assists in improving plant growth, reducing water consumption and emissions of greenhouse gases, increasing crop yield, and maintaining overall soil nutrition. As compared to its plastic counterparts, a biodegradable mulch film is eco-friendly and promotes sustainable agriculture. Consequently, it finds application in organic farming and crop rotation across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Biodegradable Mulch Films Market Trends:
Increasing environmental concerns represent one of the major factors strengthening the growth of the market. As biodegradable mulch films offer numerous benefits, such as maintaining soil moisture and temperature levels and lowering plastic film disposal, their demand is increasing around the world. Besides this, governing agencies of numerous countries are implementing stringent regulations on single-use plastic products and promoting the utilization of eco-friendly products, which is positively influencing the sales of these films. Furthermore, significant technological advancements, such as the integration of natural mulch films with biopolymers for producing premium and durable products, are anticipated to fuel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to continue its moderate growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the raw material, the market has been classified into thermoplastic starch (TPS), starch blended with polylactic acid (PLA), starch blended with polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), aliphatic-aromatic copolyesters (AAC), and others.
- On the basis of the crop type, the market has been divided into fruits and vegetables, grains and oilseeds, and flowers and plants.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C).
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, and France); North America (the United States and Canada); Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, and South Africa); and Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, and Mexico).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being BASF SE, BioBag International AS, Kingfa Sci. & Tech. Co., Ltd., Armando Alvarez Group, British Polythene Limited, Ab Rani Plast Oy, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd., RKW Group, Novamont SpA, and AEP Industries, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal