According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Bioreactor Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global bioreactor market reached a value of US$ 6.5 Billion in 2022. A bioreactor is an apparatus where cell-free enzymes transform raw materials into biochemical products and less undesirable by-products. It supports a biologically active environment and is commonly cylindrical, ranging in size from liters to cubic meters, and is often made of stainless steel. It comprises an agitator, an oxygen delivery system, a foam control system, a temperature and pH control system, sampling ports, a cleaning and sterilization system, and lines for charging and emptying the reactor. It is developed for use in tissue or bioprocess engineering. Based on the mode of operation, a bioreactor can be categorized as a batch, fed-batch or continuous. It is widely used in sewage treatment to undertake the main purification processes. It is also extensively utilized for producing biomass, metabolites, and antibiotics.
Global Bioreactor Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing product adoption in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries to produce vaccines, antibodies, or biologic products. In line with this, the rising product demand in industrial processes to cultivate organisms under controlled conditions is significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the growing need for monoclonal antibiotics and single-use bioreactors is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the growing funding from private and government organizations for developing vaccines is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the introduction of advanced bioreactors and the increasing research and development activities for cell culture and microbial applications are propelling the market. Additionally, the rising number of clinical and pre-clinical trial studies is providing a boost to the market. The growing prevalence of chronic diseases is accelerating the demand for personalized medicines, which, in turn, is expected to drive the product demand. Some of the other factors driving the market include the widespread preference for regenerative therapeutics, continual advancements in tissue engineering, and the rapid use of recombinant proteins to treat infections. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 13.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.1% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into glass, stainless steel, and single-use.
- Based on the usage, the market has been classified into lab-scale production, pilot-scale production, and full-scale production.
- Based on the scale, the market has been segmented into 5L-20L, 20L-200L, 200L-1500L, and above 1500L.
- Based on the control type, the market has been categorized into manual and automated.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include 2mag AG, bbi-biotech GmbH, Bioengineering AG, Eppendorf SE, Getinge AB, Infors AG, Merck KGaA, Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), Sartorius AG, Solaris Biotechnology Srl and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Usage, Scale, Control Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||2mag AG, bbi-biotech GmbH, Bioengineering AG, Eppendorf SE, Getinge AB, Infors AG, Merck KGaA, Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), Sartorius AG, Solaris Biotechnology Srl and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800