According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Biosurgery Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global biosurgery market reached a value of US$ 12.2 Billion in 2021. Biosurgery is a medical practice of cleaning a wound or contaminated area with live organisms, such as larvae or maggots. It is extensively used to prevent excessive blood loss, provide adhesion for injury or tissue sealing, and repair damaged tissues and bones. It includes biological and synthetic materials used during surgery to eliminate complications, improve surgical practices, and meet various surgical needs, such as preventing excess bleeding, reducing the risks of infection, and debridement of the necrotic, slough, devitalized wounds or tissues and defects.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Biosurgery Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the growing number of surgical procedures. In line with this, the availability of multifunctional products that accelerate healing and help reduce post-surgical recovery duration is positively influencing the market. Heavy investments by governments of various countries to boost public healthcare delivery are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the rising demand for effective patient blood loss management is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the increasing health awareness, expanding healthcare expenditure, growing medical tourism, and fast improving healthcare infrastructure are offering numerous growth opportunities in the biosurgery market. Besides this, the high prevalence of diabetes and spinal injuries among the masses is propelling the demand for biosurgery. Additionally, the escalating demand for minimally invasive surgeries and a continual rise in the aging population with chronic conditions are strengthening the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 18.2 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.95% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into bone-graft substitutes, soft-tissue attachments, hemostatic agents, surgical sealants and adhesives, adhesion barriers, and staple line reinforcement.
- Based on the source, the market has been divided into natural/biologics products and synthetic products.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into orthopedic surgery, general surgery, neurological surgery, cardiovascular surgery, gynecological surgery, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, clinics, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.?Some of the key players include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, CryoLife Inc., CSL Limited, Hemostasis LLC, Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation and Surgalign Spine Technologies Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800