According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Blood Bags Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global blood bags market exhibited strong growth during 2014-2019. Blood bags refer to biomedical devices that are utilized for collecting, storing, transporting and transfusing blood and its components, namely plasma, platelets and cryoprecipitate. These bags are made from bio-compatible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) materials and are compounded with suitable additives that do not react to blood components. These bags are equipped with needles, clamps, needle covers and collection tubes and are widely replacing glass blood bottles across the globe. This can be accredited to their enhanced durability and the low maintenance associated with their use. As a result, these bags are extensively being employed across hospitals, clinics, trauma centers, surgery centers, ambulatory facilities, intensive care units (ICUs) and emergency units.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Blood Bags Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for sterile biomedical devices for the transportation and transfusion of blood and its components. This can be accredited to the rising incidences of accidents, increasing prevalence of blood-related medical ailments and the growing geriatric population across the globe. This has considerably increased the sales for sterile and cost-effective disposable blood bags across the healthcare sector. The market is further driven by a rise in the number of blood transfusion procedures due to the growing requirement of invasive surgical procedures in multiple fatal medical cases, especially in the field of cardiology, orthopedics and oncology. The increasing investments in the development of the overall healthcare infrastructure, along with the rising number of trauma centers across the globe, are providing a thrust to the market growth. Furthermore, numerous government and non-government bodies are undertaking initiatives and conducting blood donation camps and programs in schools, colleges and offices. This has considerably increased the requirement for disposable blood bags, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to witness strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into single, double, triple, quadruple and penta blood bags.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into collection and transfer blood bags.
- On the basis of the end users, the market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, blood banks and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into polyvinyl chloride, polyethylene terephthalate and other blood bags.
- On the basis of the capacity, the market has been categorized into 100 ml, 150 ml, 250 ml, 300 ml, 350 ml, 400 ml, 450 ml and 500 ml blood bag.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include AdvaCare Pharma, BL Life Sciences Private Limited, Demophorius Healthcare Ltd, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Grifols S.A., Haemonetics Corporation, HLL Lifecare Limited, Innvol, JMS Co.Ltd., Kawasumi Laboratories, Inc., Maco Pharma International GmbH, Mitra Industries Pvt. Ltd., Neomedic Limited, Poly Medicure Ltd., Span Healthcare Private Limited, Suru International Private Ltd., Teleflex Incorporated, Terumo Corporation, The Metrix Company Ltd. and Troge Medical GmbH.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800