According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Blood Bags Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global blood bags market size reached US$ 265.7 Million in 2022. Blood bags are widely utilized to collect, store, and transport blood and blood components, such as platelets, red blood cells, and plasma. They are specially designed to maintain the quality of the collected blood and prevent contamination. They comprise a flexible plastic container with an inlet, outlet, and connection system, wherein the inlet introduces the blood into the bag, the outlet extracts the blood for medical use and connection systems are used to combine multiple bags and maintain a sterile connection between them. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and designs to accommodate different needs. They are also equipped with a variety of features, such as temperature monitoring systems, airtight seals, and built-in filters to ensure the quality of the blood. Most bags are equipped with a tube or other device to allow the user to perform a variety of tests and procedures easily, including temperature monitoring and adding anticoagulants.
Global Blood Bags Market Trends:
The escalating number of surgical procedures and blood transfusions majorly drives the global market. This can be supported by the rising incidences of fatal accidents and blood-related medical ailments, such as hemophilia, leukemia, anemia, and myeloma among the masses. Blood bags are a cost-effective option, making them essential among hospitals and healthcare providers. This is encouraging leading manufacturers to increase the production and sales of blood bags, which is creating a positive market outlook. Apart from this, the widespread adoption of blood bags in a variety of medical settings, from large hospitals to smaller clinics, on account of the continual developments in medical facilities, is providing a boost to the demand for blood bags across the globe. Furthermore, the development of new and improved blood bags to handle several types of blood or blood products is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors driving the growth of the market include the growing geriatric population, escalating number of blood donation centers and extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of life science. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 443.2 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into single, double, triple, quadruple, and penta blood bags.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into collection and transfer blood bags.
- On the basis of end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, blood banks, and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been bifurcated into poly vinyl chloride, polyethylene terephthalate, and other blood bags.
- On the basis of capacity, the market has been divided into 100ml, 150ml, 250ml, 300ml, 350ml, 400ml, 450ml, and 500ml blood bags.
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include AdvaCare Pharma, BL Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, Demophorius Healthcare Ltd., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Grifols S.A., Haemonetics Corporation, HLL Lifecare Limited, Innvol Medical India Limited, JMS Co. Ltd., Kawasumi Laboratories Inc., Maco Pharma International GmbH, Mitra Industries Pvt. Ltd., Neomedic Limited, Poly Medicure Ltd., Span Healthcare Private Limited, Suru International Private Ltd., Teleflex Incorporated, Terumo Corporation, The Metric Company and Troge Medical GmbH.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Application, End User, Material, Capacity, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Turkey, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE
||AdvaCare Pharma, BL Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd, Demophorius Healthcare Ltd., Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Grifols S.A., Haemonetics Corporation, HLL Lifecare Limited, Innvol Medical India Limited, JMS Co. Ltd., Kawasumi Laboratories Inc., Maco Pharma International GmbH, Mitra Industries Pvt. Ltd., Neomedic Limited, Poly Medicure Ltd., Span Healthcare Private Limited, Suru International Private Ltd., Teleflex Incorporated, Terumo Corporation, The Metric Company and Troge Medical GmbH
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800