According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Blood Culture Test Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global blood culture test market grew at a CAGR of about 9% during 2014-2019. A blood culture test is performed to detect the presence of different microorganisms like fungi, bacteria, and mycobacteria in the blood. This aids in detecting blood infection and identifying its causative agents so as to offer proper treatment. During the procedure, a sample of blood is retracted using a sterile technique, which is incubated in a controlled environment for 1 to 7 days, followed by the testing for microorganisms. If a blood infection is left undetected, it may lead to a serious illness known as sepsis. Some of the initial symptoms of this infection are breathlessness, high fever, muscular pain, nausea, headache, and tachycardia, followed by severe indications such as dizziness, dehydration, inflammation, organ failure, and drop in blood pressure.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Blood Culture Test Market Trends:
A rise in the incidences of bloodstream infections (BSI), sepsis, and environment borne diseases around the world have majorly contributed to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the increasing cases of bacterial infections like tuberculosis (TB) in developing and underdeveloped countries are fueling the demand for bacterial culture tests. Moreover, manufacturers are introducing novel diagnostic technologies to eliminate manual errors, reduce diagnosis time, and offer early prevention of infections. For instance, Cepheid introduced Xpert MRSA/SA assay that helps in the detection of SA and MRSA in positive blood culture specimens in just an hour. Furthermore, the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has induced the demand for blood culture tests to test the samples and isolate the infected people. With the incoming of new cases every day, the demand for blood culture tests is anticipated to remain positive in the coming years till a proper vaccine is introduced. On account of these factors, the market is expected to experience strong growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the testing method, the market has been bifurcated into conventional and automated segments.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into software and services, consumables, and instruments. The consumables segment is further segregated into blood culture media (aerobic, anaerobic, mycobacteria, and fungi/yeast blood culture media), assay kits and reagents, and blood culture accessories. On the other hand, the instruments segment is divided into automated blood culture systems and supporting laboratory equipment (incubators, microscopes, colony counters, and gram stainers).
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into culture-based, molecular, proteomic, and other technologies. Among these, molecular technology is further divided into microarray, PCR, and PNA-FISH.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into hospital, reference, research, and other laboratories.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific (India, China, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), North America (Canada and the United States), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being T2 Biosystems, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter (Danaher Corporation), Bruker Corporation, Cepheid Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Merck Group, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Biomérieux SA, Siemens Healthineers AG, Roche Diagnostics, and Luminex Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal