According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global bone anchored hearing aids market size reached US$ 196 Million in 2020. Also known as an osseointegrated mastoid implant, bone anchored hearing aids (BAHA) refer to surgically implanted devices utilized by individuals experiencing different types of hearing loss. They represent an acceptable alternative if an air-conduction hearing aid is contraindicated. They comprise a titanium bone implant and a sound processor that conducts sound vibrations and assists in propagating sound directly to the inner ear. As compared to the traditional bone conduction hearing aids, BAHA provides better sound quality, greater comfort, and lesser chances of infection.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market Trends:
The growing prevalence of hearing loss amongst the geriatric and pediatric population represents one of the key factors strengthening the BAHA market growth. Apart from this, a considerable rise in the demand for customized hearing devices, coupled with technological advancements in bone conduction, such as noise reduction and ease in usage, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, governing agencies of numerous countries are implementing stringent regulations that require neonates to be screened for hearing loss. This, in confluence with the availability of better reimbursement coverage, is positively influencing the sales BAHAs. Other major factors, including the growth in the healthcare infrastructure and rising expenditure on healthcare facilities, are fostering the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 224 Million by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 9.80% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segregated into titanium alloys, ceramic composites, and others.
- On the basis of the hearing loss type, the market has been classified into sensorineural hearing loss, conductive hearing loss, mixed hearing loss and single-sided deafness.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Auditdata A/S, Cochlear Ltd., Demant A/S, GN Store Nord A/S, Natus Medical Incorporated, Sonova Holding AG, Starkey Laboratories, Inc., and Widex A/S.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800