The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Bone Densitometer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global bone densitometer market reached a value of US$ 292.4 Million in 2022. A bone densitometer measures bone density and body composition, such as body fat and muscle mass. It also provides helpful details about the risk for osteoporosis (bone loss) and fractures (bone breaks). Bone densitometers emit a thin, invisible beam of low-dose X-rays across the bones being scanned, with two different energy peaks. The soft tissue absorbs the first peak, while the bone absorbs the second to measure bone loss and the amount of calcium and other minerals in a bone segment. With changing lifestyle habits, including sedentary behavior, alcohol abuse, and smoking, there has been an increase in the prevalence of chronic health issues. This, in turn, has boosted the adoption of bone densitometers across the globe.
Global Bone Densitometer Market Trends:
The global bone densitometer market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of osteoporosis, especially among the geriatric population. Bone densitometers aid in assessing an individual’s risk for developing osteoporotic fractures. Furthermore, governments of various nations are also undertaking several initiatives to promote advanced diagnostic instruments, such as bone densitometers, across healthcare organizations. Apart from this, several technological advancements have led to the advent of computer-assisted and ultrasound densitometers, thereby enabling assessment in diverse medical specialties, such as gynecology and endocrinology. Moreover, the ongoing research and development (R&D) activities to develop advanced devices, increasing medical tourism to treat osteopathic diseases, and rapid improvement in the healthcare infrastructure are some of the other factors that are expected to escalate the demand for bone densitometers. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the device type, the market has been bifurcated into axial and peripheral bone densitometers.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been categorized into dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA), single X-ray absorptiometry (SXA), radiographic absorptiometry (RA), quantitative computed tomography (QCT) and others.
- The market has been classified based on the application into osteoporosis and osteopenia diagnosis, cystic fibrosis diagnosis, body composition measurement, rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and specialty clinics, diagnostics and imaging centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Ampall Co. Ltd., BeamMed Ltd., Diagnostic Medical Systems Group, Echolight S.P.A, GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medonica Co. Ltd., Scanflex Healthcare AB and Swissray Global Healthcare Holding Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Device Type, Technology, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ampall Co. Ltd., BeamMed Ltd., Diagnostic Medical Systems Group, Echolight S.P.A, GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medonica Co. Ltd., Scanflex Healthcare AB and Swissray Global Healthcare Holding Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800