The global bone densitometer market size reached US$ 278.1 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 375.5 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% during 2022-2027.
A bone densitometer, also known as a DXA machine, refers to a device that utilizes a minimal dose of ionizing radiation to measure bone loss and the amount of calcium and other minerals in a bone segment. There are two types of DXA equipment, namely central and peripheral devices. The central devices are used to measure the bone density of the hip and spine, and are usually flat and broad, with an arm overhead. On the other hand, peripheral devices are smaller in size and are mainly used to check bone density in wrists, heels, or fingers. It is the standardized method of diagnosing osteoporosis, as it requires no special preparations and a relatively shorter duration than other procedures. It is also used for assessing an individual’s risk for developing osteoporotic fractures.
One of the major drivers of the bone densitometer market is the rise in geriatric population who are highly susceptible to bone-related ailments. This, along with the growing incidents of fragility fracture, is significantly contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, these devices are crucial in diagnosing osteoporosis and osteopenia, owing to which they are widely utilized for bone density testing in several hospitals and healthcare clinics. Other factors, such as advancements in DXA scanners, which have enabled quicker and more accurate diagnosis, along with increasing investments to improve the existing healthcare infrastructure, are expected to further create a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global bone densitometer market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on device type, technology, application and end-user.
Breakup by Device Type:
- Axial Bone Densitometers
- Peripheral Bone Densitometers
Breakup by Technology:
- Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA)
- Single X-Ray Absorptiometry (SXA)
- Radiographic Absorptiometry (RA)
- Quantitative Computed Tomography (QCT)
Breakup by Application:
- Osteoporosis and Osteopenia Diagnosis
- Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis
- Body Composition Measurement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis
Breakup by End-User:
- Hospitals & Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostics and Imaging Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Ampall Co. Ltd., BeamMed Ltd., Diagnostic Medical Systems Group, Echolight S.P.A, GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medonica Co. Ltd., Scanflex Healthcare AB, Swissray Global Healthcare Holding Ltd., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Device Type, Technology, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ampall Co. Ltd., BeamMed Ltd., Diagnostic Medical Systems Group, Echolight S.P.A, GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Medonica Co. Ltd., Scanflex Healthcare AB and Swissray Global Healthcare Holding Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global bone densitometer market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global bone densitometer market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the device type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global bone densitometer market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?