According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Bone Graft and Substitutes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global bone graft and substitutes market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.2% during 2022-2027. Bone graft and substitutes are synthetic, inorganic, or biologically organic combinations that are utilized for replacing missing bones or defects. They are commercially available in pellets, moldable putty, injectables, and solid block forms. Bone graft and substitutes are composed of osteoconductive matric, osteoinductive proteins, demineralized bone matrix, platelet-rick plasma, tricalcium phosphate ceramics, and other polymer-based substitutes. These materials are thermally nonconductive, bioresorbable in nature, cause no antigen-antibody reaction, and do not evoke an adverse inflammatory response. This, in turn, promotes wound healing, supports mitogenesis of identical bone cells, and aids in new bone formation.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Bone Graft and Substitutes Market Trends:
The global bone graft and substitutes market is primarily being driven by the rising prevalence of musculoskeletal disorders, particularly in the geriatric population. This, in turn, has resulted in the advent of new polymer and ceramic products that have biologically superior characteristics. The development of new manufacturing technologies, such as rapid prototyping and three-dimensional (3D) printing, is further aiding in the fabrication of free-form biomaterial scaffolds for tissue regeneration. Moreover, increasing awareness regarding the benefits of bone regeneration through bone grafts, along with rising inclination toward minimally invasive procedures, is fueling the market growth. Other factors, including the widespread product adoption in facial, spinal, and trauma surgeries and their easy availability in diverse shapes and sizes, are creating a positive outlook for the market further.
- Based on the material type, the market has been divided into allografts (machined allografts and demineralized bone matrix (DBMs), bone graft substitutes (bone morphogenic proteins (BMPs) and synthetic bone grafts), cell-based matrices, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into spinal fusion, trauma, joint reconstruction, foot and ankle, dental bone grafting, craniomaxillofacial, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, surgical centres, clinics, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Zimmer Biomet Dental, DePuy Synthes, Wright Medical Technology, Medtronic Plc., Stryker Corporation, NuVasive Inc., Arthrex Inc., Integra LifeSciences, Baxter International Inc., Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Bacterin International Holdings, SeaSpine, LifeNet Health, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal