The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Botulinum Toxin Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global botulinum toxin market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium clostridium botulinum, an anaerobic, gram-positive, spore-forming rod found in plants, soil, water and intestinal tracts of animals. It is utilized by healthcare professionals in small doses to treat medical conditions such as focal dystonia, hemifacial spasm, headaches, hypersalivation, and spastic movement disorders. In addition, it has various cosmetological applications, including correction of fine lines, creases and wrinkles on the face, chin, neck, and chest.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.??
Global Botulinum Toxin Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence and diagnosis of chronic and acute diseases as botulinum toxin is widely used in the treatment of dermatological conditions, such as overactive smooth muscles, abnormal activity of glands, and hyperhidrosis. In addition, it is utilized in the treatment of overactive bladder, urinary incontinence, chronic migraines, eyelid spasms and crossed eyes. Moreover, the rising beauty consciousness among individuals, and the willingness to undergo reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the growing geriatric population is also escalating the product demand as the skin becomes more susceptible to wrinkles and sagging with age. Furthermore, other factors, including the emerging trend of cosmetic tourism, the growing influence of social media, rapid urbanization, and inflating per capita incomes, are also contributing to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of around 7% during the forecast period (2021-2026).???
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into toxin type A and toxin type B.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into therapeutics and aesthetics.
- The market has been classified based on the end-user into hospitals and clinics, dermatology clinics, and spas and cosmetic centers.
- Region-wise, the market is segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined., with some of the key players being AbbVie Inc., Eisai Co. Ltd, Evolus Inc., Galderma SA, HUGEL Inc., Ipsen Group, Medytox Inc., Merz Pharma GmbH and Co. KGaA, Metabiologics, Inc., and Revance Therapeutics Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800